Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Question about Noflexar 3.5 35mm mount: changeable?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Question about Noflexar 3.5 35mm mount: changeable? Reply with quote

Looking for a Noflexar 3.5 35mm I'm not sure, if the mount is easiely changeable:
Has this lens a standard Novoflex adapter system like the telelenses, or is the mount specific?

thanks for replies

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, non standard, but mounts can be changed from M42 to Exakta or vice versa. There is a Nikon version too,
but this required a modified lens barrel (done by Novoflex years ago), so that cannot be exchanged with others!

Done that a few times, even had Nikon versions made, but stopped doing Nikon, too much effort and risky.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gracias de todos modos, Dr. Klaus!

I had the hope to change from standard Novoflex mount....Crying or Very sad

But it's a classic from the sixties. From the mount versions offered, we can imagine, which SLR-systems were up to date at that looooong ago times in Germany....

so I'll have a look at M42 mounts or screwdriver and toolcase will be needed.... again thanks a lot, I did get the information, I needet!

always visible - more or less

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is just four sunk screws to change the mount, can be done quickly.
I only saw Exakta and M42 so far, no others.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Exakta version will not fit Topcon RE cameras and some adapters I have tried. The mount is little bit larger than my other Exakta lens.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, never had any issues with that here....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

strange:
Here someone offers one with Contax/Yashica mount:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/251422496252?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duckrider wrote:
strange:
Here someone offers one with Contax/Yashica mount:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/251422496252?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Look like a M42 to C/Y adapter is attached but I am not sure.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having difficulty getting this lens to mount effectively on the two Exakta/Nex adapters I have as it doesn't seem to engage as well as the rest of my Exakta lenses with the same adapters. I am beginning to question whether it is an Exakta mount but all indications are that it is - unless of course anyone knows different. The rear flange of the lens is around 0.5cm in height whereas my other Exakta lenses are approx 1cm. This means it is just shy of a perfect engagement with the adapter and you don't get that reassuring click when you place the lens in although I have managed to secure it I am always a bit wary when using it in case it should 'pop' out. I have attached a pic which might explain it a bit better.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toto wrote:
I'm having difficulty getting this lens to mount effectively on the two Exakta/Nex adapters I have as it doesn't seem to engage as well as the rest of my Exakta lenses with the same adapters. I am beginning to question whether it is an Exakta mount but all indications are that it is - unless of course anyone knows different. The rear flange of the lens is around 0.5cm in height whereas my other Exakta lenses are approx 1cm. This means it is just shy of a perfect engagement with the adapter and you don't get that reassuring click when you place the lens in although I have managed to secure it I am always a bit wary when using it in case it should 'pop' out. I have attached a pic which might explain it a bit better.

1st poster cannot have links or images - now it should show...

So, about your question - Novoflex is one of the finest optomechanical companies in Germany with a reputation of decades, so if anything does not work, I'd claim that on the (Most likely cheap) adapter. If you want a really good adapter, buy one from Novoflex, but it sets you back a bit...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I have two adapters - one is from China and the other is a Fotodiox USA. Coincidentally, yesterday I dropped a line to Novoflex to query the mount so it will be interesting to see if I hear back from them. But it is a great lens v. sharp on my Nex 5N.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toto wrote:
Thanks for that. I have two adapters - one is from China and the other is a Fotodox USA. Coincidentally, yesterday I dropped a line to Novoflex to query the mount so it will be interesting to see if I hear back from them. But it is a great lens v. sharp on my Nex 5N.

I use a Minolta E Adapter to adapt this lens and attach it to a MD to NEX adapter.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toto wrote:
Thanks for that. I have two adapters - one is from China and the other is a Fotodiox USA. Coincidentally, yesterday I dropped a line to Novoflex to query the mount so it will be interesting to see if I hear back from them. But it is a great lens v. sharp on my Nex 5N.

What would you expect Novoflex to tell you? That you should use one of their adapters? That I would have responded ... Wink

Or a bit more accentuated: a guy buys a Leica lens for $5000 and a cheap chinese adapter for $15, then sends a letter of complaint to Leica about what is wrong with the lens, since it does not fit the adapter... Embarassed

Sorry, that was just to tempting.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nature of my enquiry was about the mount type - was it an Exakta - but you're right I'm sure like Apple they'll be an adapter for that!

I'll post their response here if I get one. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok - confirmed it was Exakta Mount and sent me an old brochure about the lens in PDF format. Not sure how I post PDF file here but if anyone wants a copy do let me know.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toto wrote:
Ok - confirmed it was Exakta Mount and sent me an old brochure about the lens in PDF format. Not sure how I post PDF file here but if anyone wants a copy do let me know.

You can upload it to free cloud storage like Google drive. Post the link here after you upload it. Remember to set permission of the file to public if any.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suer, send me one: postmaster AT macrolenses.de

THX!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, here it is uploaded, for download.

http://www.macrolenses.de/bilder/Noflexar_Makro_en_02.pdf

Added to the LENSES-STICKY here: http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1372872.html#1372872

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank toto and Klaus. Hard to believe this triplet based little lens do close-up up to 1:2 macro of its own. With its good UV transmission, it should be one of the most versatile 35mm of it time.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it actually is, a wonderful tack sharp lens and ideal for macro use!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why making the live unnecessary difficult and ask NOVOFLEX? I am sure, they will get you an firm answer. As far as I remember, the lens optics for the NOVOFLEXAR's were made by the firm STAEBLE.