Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Puff Daddy of Vivitars!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Puff Daddy of Vivitars! Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disgusting! Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never even used--all that brass!!

I love 'em

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it a few times already, they are went for less than half of this price. If I able to afford it once I definitely wish to take it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll wait till the price gets down to 200 US and then bid. Cool

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that polishing Ugg!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Destined from birth to gather dust on a collector's shelf: despite modest value shiny gold lens attracts thiefs wherever that combo would see outdoor use. Not to mention that the gold plating is most likely electrolyted, and given the softness of gold it will show brassing in no time at all = using it ruins it.

Looks disgusting as well, just as awful as the Nikon FA and FM gold versions.

http://www.cameraquest.com/nffagold.htm

http://www.cameraquest.com/fmgold.htm

Vilhelm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the 28-105 and I didn't like the focusing - little throw, focusing ring advances when you focus, and zooming is also very short, making it hard to select any focal length between 28 and 105. Average IQ - great colors but not very sharp.

The 70-210 seems to be version 4 according to this page - it even mentions this gold plated version.

Both are Cosina made.

Looks like only 50 were made and this is set 29. Whoever buys this will buy it for collecting, not for use. There are better lenses worth spending this kind of money on.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have actually been watching this auction for some time and it's funny, a few weeks back the seller had offered these for something like $950 BIN with no bids for a few weeks, then all of a sudden he/she jumped the price UP to where it is now...no bids. big surprise! haha. I'm with Big Dawg on this one, $200 sounds nice Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$201 for me then... Very Happy

No, I don't want it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly not optimal for bird photography due to reflection, but it's got rather high bling bling factor Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd pimp them. Cool

( but not at those $$$, and I'm not a Nikon man either Wink )

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With those lenses on my camera i would feel like Snoop Dog or Dr. Dre Laughing ...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
Destined from birth to gather dust on a collector's shelf: despite modest value shiny gold lens attracts thiefs wherever that combo would see outdoor use. Not to mention that the gold plating is most likely electrolyted, and given the softness of gold it will show brassing in no time at all = using it ruins it.

Looks disgusting as well, just as awful as the Nikon FA and FM gold versions.

http://www.cameraquest.com/nffagold.htm

http://www.cameraquest.com/fmgold.htm

Vilhelm

Are they really gold plated?-- i thought it was brass.

But the polishing as said above......mine would be black in no time.

Too bad they are zooms (though they are fast)--one of those bokina style primes and a kiron-made 105----those would be so juicy.

What were the absolute best vivtars?

wait wait.....I know what to do with em

then of course you have to get to the job:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they are Cosina made. But, because of the light gathering capabilities of the gold plating, they're actually a stop faster than advertized. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything that I cannot afford must be awful! Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeiEizh wrote:
$201 for me then... Very Happy

No, I don't want it.

$202.00

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, I don't understand those gold toys. Saw it first time in my life such glass. Like lens scarecrow.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anniversary edition to celebrate maker birthday I think that is an excellent and exclusive idea nothing wrong with that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote