Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Programmable AF Confirm Chip aperture ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Programmable AF Confirm Chip aperture ? Reply with quote

I currently have three manual focus lenses with Canon EF mounts, each with a different Programmable AF Confirm Chip installed.

Canon FDn 50mm 1.4 with Big_Is AF chip (programmed to 50mm f/1.4) (factory default)
Samyang 500mm 8.0 with Adplo AF chip (programmed to 500mm f/5.6) (due to f/5.6 AF limit)
Samyang 14mm 2.8 with Tagotech AF chip (programmed to 14mm f/2.Cool

All three report the EXIF data as programmed and all three work with both my SL1/100D and 5D Mk III. What I have noticed is the Big_Is and Adplo will allow me to change the aperture on the camera and it will show up on the LCD screen and also in the EXIF dada.

The Tagotech is always stuck at f/2.8 on both the camera and the EXIF data. (unless I enter the program mode)

Is that normal behavior for these various chips? Is there a way to program the Tagotech so that I can change the reported aperture simply by spinning a dial on the camera as with the other two?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: Programmable AF Confirm Chip aperture ? Reply with quote

msowsun wrote:
Samyang 500mm 8.0 with Adplo AF chip (programmed to 500mm f/5.6) (due to f/5.6 AF limit)

Are you saying AF confirm doesn't operate when chip is set to f/8?

msowsun wrote:
All three report the EXIF data as programmed and all three work with both my SL1/100D and 5D Mk III. What I have noticed is the Big_Is and Adplo will allow me to change the aperture on the camera and it will show up on the LCD screen and also in the EXIF dada.

The Tagotech is always stuck at f/2.8 on both the camera and the EXIF data. (unless I enter the program mode)

Is that normal behavior for these various chips? Is there a way to program the Tagotech so that I can change the reported aperture simply by spinning a dial on the camera as with the other two?

Did you check the documentation at Tagotech web site? Wink