Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problem with Canon 550D (T2i) and Fujinon 28mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Problem with Canon 550D (T2i) and Fujinon 28mm Reply with quote

New here. Some great information, but I have a question I cant find an answer to ...

Just got my first manual lens to use with my DSLR. (Hopefully the first of many).

Its a Fujinon 28mm f3.5 with an M42 adapter. I go it mainly for video work and with the camera in Movie mode it works fine.

In aperture priority it seems ok, but the problem is full manual mode. The screen is very dark, even with the lens wide open, but once the picture is taken, the image exposure is fine.

I'm not sure why the camera is treating the lens any differently from Av and fully manual modes ?
In Av and manual modes the camera shows the aperture as 00, so it does know it has a manual lens attached.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Do you mean in liveview mode?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, should of said .... yes live view mode.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CineCam wrote:
Sorry, should of said .... yes live view mode.

Just thinking.
On my 5D², I had to set in the menu :
Live View/ Movie func. set.
SET
---LV func. setting
SET
------Stills+movie
SET
---------Movie display

Could it be of some help ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the 550D, Live View can only be turned on or off in the still shooting modes. In movie mode, because the mirror is flipped up, you cant use the viewfinder, so you need live view.

The problem I'm getting is image is darker in live view when the camera is in full manual than it is when in aperture priority, until the shot is taken. To get a usefully visible image - in manual mode on the screen, I need to select very large shutter speeds just so I can see enough to focus, which is pointless anyway as I have no way of knowing the correct exposure, other than trial and error.

At the moment AV mode is the best way to shoot stills using exposure compensation where necessary.