Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Praktina IIa arrived .. OOPs !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Praktina IIa arrived .. OOPs ! Reply with quote

A lovely Praktina IIa is my Christmas present - rebuilt by cupog on e-bay , it looks superb - good chrome and leather - with box finished in a kind of velour card !
Set on ' B ' the shutter fired well , I wound the shutter and changed to 125th and again , fine , wound again - and it jammed .
I did everything I could to ensure that this vintage machine would work OK .
I love it though - the split image viewing screen helps overcome a rather dim screen [ helped by an f2 Flexon lens ] , but the mirror being stuck in up means no more playing around .
The seller is fair - this can happen to a 1958 camera - I shall offer to pay for the return shipping and , if I somehow broke it , the repair - I want to keep it !

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunate. But like Certo6 says, it is old stuff and anything can happen at any time. Cupog is one of the good guys.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to unstick the shutter - I think that it just needs settling in following such an estensive rebuild . It did stick again , but I will persist with it .

I love the separate clear bright straight through viewfinder and the central split image spot in the focusing finder - reminiscent of my rangefinders .

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you need to get the motor drive for it - Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yessss - I am praktinafan!
My father uses this cameras since the early 60s, I use them since 1980 with no problem so I think a fault is not normal in my experience.

In case you would like to find a repair service: I can recommend "Fotoservice Olbrich" in Görlitz. Mr Olbrich could fix some problems with one of my Praktinas (an eBay buy). He adjusted times and changed the shutter curtains. 70 EUR. Now it is feeling like new.

Willi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - I may ask cupog if he can take it back and look at it .
I think that I shall just look for a w/l finder . I am pleased that a Praktina is being used Willi .

dee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should not need 'setting in' following a rebuild. Praktina shutters are fussy to adjust, and it's entirely possible that something is just a little off - I would ask him to take another look, he should be okay with that. Hopefully he'll offer some help with the shipping as well.