Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Prakticar PB mount: Pentacon Prakticar 135mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Prakticar PB mount: Pentacon Prakticar 135mm f2.8 Reply with quote

I got this lens few months back, but not able to try... I had to sand EOS-PB adapter to very thin sheet to get infinity focus....

Some shots, all wide open...

I am really liking this lens... pretty small for f2.8 speed with inbuilt hood...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one before which is marked with "carl zeiss jena"
It gives out sharp pictures and good bokeh
The only thing that i do not like is it has 6 aperture blades only.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lEo. wrote:

And why thats bad or "not likable"...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballu wrote:
lEo. wrote:

And why thats bad or "not likable"...

oh that is my personal taste Embarassed
I like circular bokeh and lens flare more than hexagon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lEo. wrote:

I like circular bokeh and lens flare more than hexagon

To me, large number of blades are legacy of era when optical defects were not manageable... Most of those lenses fails miserably in bright light source situations (try Jupiter with blurred light source).
If I remember correctly, Nikkor 55/1.2 (or 50) has 6-blades and always creates circular and true/flawless bokeh...

Again, its all subjective and personal...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballu wrote:

To me, large number of blades are legacy of era when optical defects were not manageable... Most of those lenses fails miserably in bright light source situations (try Jupiter with blurred light source).
If I remember correctly, Nikkor 55/1.2 (or 50) has 6-blades and always creates circular and true/flawless bokeh...

Again, its all subjective and personal...

Not quite:

When iris diaphragm first came into being, most likely used by Lancaster on their own-brand lenses, they just tried to make it round as a matter of course, and as the iris mechanism was closed down manually there was no need to reduce number of blades. It is only after the advent of the 35mm reflex cameras and the need for automatic operation of iris, as in shutting down and opening up, that the number of blades were reduced, for the mechanics could not (and still cannot) handle the load demanded by moving a large number of iris blades, each held at opposite ends.