Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Praktica Pentacon 2.8 28mm modified to EOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject: Praktica Pentacon 2.8 28mm modified to EOS Reply with quote

Hi folks

I have a lovely Pentaon 2.8/28 in PB mount I'm very fond of.

Sadly it wouldn't hit infinity on my EOS 10D using an adapter.

So I removed the PB mount from the rear of the lens (just four screws to undo) then machined the adapter to a smaller diameter and used epoxy to place it where the PB mount was.

The lens now reaches infinity but I'm not sure I have got the conversion spot-on as I'm not sure distant objects are as sharp as macro subjects are:

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has a vintage look alright! First shot is clearly suffering from camera shake or mis-focusing though.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
It has a vintage look alright! First shot is clearly suffering from camera shake or mis-focusing though.

Yes, something about the character of this lens I deeply love, not the sharpest or most contrasty nor great colours but overall, I love it's images.

The first shot worries me, maybe it was camera shake. The lens was set at infinity like all the other shots so I was worried why there was a lack of sharpness in the 100% crop of the first one.

Got some landscape shots I took today to upload later...

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some landscapes I shot around 8.30pm facing north so the sunlight was strongly directional from the west (left of frame) and as you can see, there is some visible lens flare. The lens did okay though, maintaining a good level of contrast.

Couple of shots of a tree branch. I absolutely adore the bokeh of this lens, fingers crossed for good weather tomorrow so I can go and take some more shots with this lens and my other Pentacons.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infinity can also easily be adjusted by removing the name ring, the front ring an then loosing three screws. Proceedure is similar to 1,8/55 Takumar.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rappelbums wrote:
Infinity can also easily be adjusted by removing the name ring, the front ring an then loosing three screws. Proceedure is similar to 1,8/55 Takumar.

I have the same problem with my Pentacon 28mm on my canon 400d with AF confirm adapter. Is this procedure just a case of loosening the screws, reassembling, testing and repeating until infinity is achieved? I presume all screws will need to be loosened the same amount.

Do you know of a link to pictorial instructions?

Mine focusses at about 3m when the focus ring is at infinity.

Cheers