Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Praktica LTL and Super TL -> Problem, need help!<-
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Praktica LTL and Super TL -> Problem, need help!<- Reply with quote

Hello there,

I already bought to Praktica cameras. They are great but... none of the lighmeters work!

I already changed the battery (1.35V very hard to find). I even tried a 1.5V. Cleaned the battery compartment, everything.

The needle just doesn't move.

Any help would be appreciated!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A common problem. About half the ones I've owned do not work. Often it's the contacts but if you tried it already....

It's worth asking sellers if they work before buying. Or get a light meter.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I encountered the same "trouble" with a MTL5. Fitted with batteries etc, same as you describe.

But it works : ther's a little button in the front of the camera, on the right above the lens which serves as a DOF button. Press it and normally the needle will move. Try different apertures, to check over/under exposure in the same time.

keep informed. If it doesnt' work though i can't tell.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Prakticas. They're the poorman's Spotmatic. I've an MTL50 that's about to get a tryout and an MTL3 which is the best looking (IMO) of that range.

I've also an older Nova which I'm getting in top shape. That is a smart camera.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hexi wrote:
Hi

I encountered the same "trouble" with a MTL5. Fitted with batteries etc, same as you describe.

But it works : ther's a little button in the front of the camera, on the right above the lens which serves as a DOF button. Press it and normally the needle will move. Try different apertures, to check over/under exposure in the same time.

keep informed. If it doesnt' work though i can't tell.

I point the camera to my desk light. I try diferent apertures, press the DOF button... she is completely dead! The battery is new Sad

Bah, this is why I love my Zenit Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it the shutter dial is set to something other than B. Try different ISO settings also.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it rests a lightmeter solution. Stupid thingn check if you fitted the battery the good +/- .

But i love my black L Cool So simple !! so huge full FRAMED SENSOR Razz no battery , no troubles, and no fear if it falls, i'd be unglad though i want it to work for decades .

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have from 1989 a Praktica MTL 5. My noisy friend accompanied to me in days of sun, of rain, with wind, to the beach, in the snow. And I never had a problem with her.

The meter is centerweight (near 80%) and it's OK, but I prefer a handheld meter (incident way).

Only that noise. . .

Rino.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that let the Prakticas down for me is the gritty sensation in the wind on. It's like there's sand in the cogs.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
The thing that let the Prakticas down for me is the gritty sensation in the wind on. It's like there's sand in the cogs.

Well true ... but they have a certain "something".

I must admit that I already have two of them Wink One was a gift, and the other one came with a SMC Takumar 55/1.8 attached for the royal price of 30 euros Very Happy