Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Praktica LLC problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Praktica LLC problems Reply with quote

I recently purchased a Praktica LLC for 25 bucks, and it seemed to work in the store (limited test). Upon further investigation I discovered that about 50% of the time the shutter never actually opened. They just stayed attached and transited to the bottom. Thinking it was probably some gunked up parts, I put a little naptha (lighter fluid) down there to clear that problem. It worked...sort of. Instead I have a bottom blade of the shutter that won't latch to the top blade...it immediately transits down with no shutter depression. Does anyone have any ideas or the service manual for the praktica LLC. Yes I paid only 25 bucks, so it's not a big loss, but I'd like to get it up and running if possible. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a common problem with this make. Even new ones could have this problem. The LLC is over 30 years old by now. It may be repairable, but at what cost.

I expect you've got a good lens attached to it, Pentacon or Tessar I expect. These are pretty good optics and can be used on most modern interchangeable lens cameras with adapters (cheap enough).

I hope you get some more positive replies than this