Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Porst Color Reflex 1.2/55 & Super-Takumar 1.9/85
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tak 1.9/85...

My beloved portrait-lens for long, long time.

Soft wide open, but with the beautiful colorenditon, Bokeh and aperture sharpness control this lens is one of my "alltimes - Winner" in Portraitures..

Did sell this gem because it lays around to long (no portrait action for long time), but if i could find one for a good price, i would ever buy this lens again.

Congrats for this real gem....

Cheers
Henry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lot henry.

as one of my buying rules is not to pay more than 2/3 of the actual average market price it took me quite long to find a deal with this lens.

wednesday i'll give it a first try. these sunny winterdays throw wonderfull light through the streets of my town.

this evening i got phone contact to a former "schacht"-engineer who is a real leica freak und who has (as he said) a lot of leica-freaks around him that are pretty old an that want to get rid of their leica equipment. so he is selling for them. and the first prices he told me sounded really good. i will see... perhaps this is my next bargain source. Twisted Evil Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supahmario wrote:
thanks a lot henry.

as one of my buying rules is not to pay more than 2/3 of the actual average market price it took me quite long to find a deal with this lens.

wednesday i'll give it a first try. these sunny winterdays throw wonderfull light through the streets of my town.

this evening i got phone contact to a former "schacht"-engineer who is a real leica freak und who has (as he said) a lot of leica-freaks around him that are pretty old an that want to get rid of their leica equipment. so he is selling for them. and the first prices he told me sounded really good. i will see... perhaps this is my next bargain source. Twisted Evil Laughing

Oh shit, you are entering my domain ...

Did work as a pro for some years and have many contacts to elder people, who owns Leica stuff.. so a lot of my lenses coming from them. They are happy, that some of the Leica gems goes to people, who loves this Leicas..

Most of them are not interested in money.. they have enough ...

More interesting for this people is to know, that the beloved lenses are now in hands, which use and like the lenses for their work. What this owners dont like, are people who want to get the lenses for dealing around and make only profits..

Back to Topic.. the Porst is a very fine lens in Bokeh.. but soft and with only less contrast wide open. The tendency to develop purple fringing is visible. But i did like this lens for the OOF behavior. Looks nice, but plays in a league far behind the bests.. which are a lot more expensive.

IMHO this is a very good lens to enter the 1.2 class and playing around with DOF and OOF behavior. To become familiar with this 1.2 Class, its the cheapest and best way.. The lens makes you hungry to know more about this class. And after a period you will look for further brands.. its a total extraordinary field of research.

But i am envy about the old Super Tak.. think i have to find one again.
Did have the lens, and member PADIEJ from Austria did buy my lens and lent this to someone for a period.

Please show us some nice pictures with the Tak.... this lens is the first lens, my wife gives me the order to buy this again. Very Happy

Cheers
Henry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hinnerker wrote:

Oh shit, you are entering my domain ...

i still did before. seems that you overlooked my summicron. Wink

Quote:
More interesting for this people is to know, that the beloved lenses are now in hands, which use and like the lenses for their work. What this owners dont like, are people who want to get the lenses for dealing around and make only profits..

for me it is fifty-fifty. i have neither enough money to simply buy lenses without selling some with the focus on profit nor is it fun for me to be only concentrated on buying and selling gear. so i buy nearly all my lenses as bargains, service them all and resell the lenses i wouldn't use more than 1 time a year. this way i don't have to take one euro away from my family to finance my hobby.

Quote:
To become familiar with this 1.2 Class, its the cheapest and best way.. The lens makes you hungry to know more about this class. And after a period you will look for further brands.. its a total extraordinary field of research.

one year ago (when i was infected by this mf-lens-disease) i would never had thougt that i ever could afford a 1.2 lens. now i have one and without selling my car, i can play around with this little piece of glass. that's great!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

i still did before. seems that you overlooked my summicron. Wink

No havent overlooked your Cron.... i did take the Summilux instead off..!!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers
Henry