Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PM system is changed
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seymore wrote:
Attila wrote:
Read again whole thread from beginning this seems end less talk.

I did. And if this is strictly for those who "travel", you're doing this for a very select few people. I know that I usually have access to the WEB when traveling and can only suspect most members also have access to the WEB even when traveling, I'll say that by appearances you put very little value on the security of the members here... even when they express their concern about this matter, as read above.

Please understand that I was in the IT world for 20 years and understand the grave consequences which you seem willing to ignore. So, please give us the ability to remove our existing email address from PM announcements or remove this one aspect completely. Your change is a grave security risk.

Thanks,

I agree with you Seymore. If I wish to give my email address that should be my choice and no one elses.

Attila I also would like the option of yes/no on adding an email addy.

Thanks much.

Jules

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lulalake wrote:
Seymore wrote:
Attila wrote:
Read again whole thread from beginning this seems end less talk.

I did. And if this is strictly for those who "travel", you're doing this for a very select few people. I know that I usually have access to the WEB when traveling and can only suspect most members also have access to the WEB even when traveling, I'll say that by appearances you put very little value on the security of the members here... even when they express their concern about this matter, as read above.

Please understand that I was in the IT world for 20 years and understand the grave consequences which you seem willing to ignore. So, please give us the ability to remove our existing email address from PM announcements or remove this one aspect completely. Your change is a grave security risk.

Thanks,

I agree with you Seymore. If I wish to give my email address that should be my choice and no one elses.

Attila I also would like the option of yes/no on adding an email addy.

Thanks much.

Jules

Yes, your choice.

1) turn off notify. You able to use pm system , but not get any notify email. Nobody will knows your email.

2) put a fake email address. like aa@aa.com

3) use an email for this purposes and redirect to you another one.

(you will get notify, nobody knows you genuine email and still get notify.)

All above provide you to hide your email successfully.

All above pretty simple.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seymore, lulalake, I think misunderstanding here about how PM works now.

Attila wrote:
... In profile you can set following:

Notify on new Private Message: Yes No

If you set NO, pm will be pm , no email from pm.

If I set in my profile to NO, and send myself PM from mflenses, I do not get notified I have PM in my email account at ISP, but I can see the message here at mflenses in PM. The PM message here at mflenses.com does not have my ISP email address, just siriusdogstar in both To: and From:.

Set in your profile to NO, your real email is not exposed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi!
do you see my mail?
be well & keep walking

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed , if you turn off pm notify in your profile. Sender will be always info@mflenses.com not sender registered email , if interest please try it and confirm.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seymore wrote:
So it's still broke. Please don't send any other test PM to me for now.

Yes, I know you said you don't want any more test PM but since Attila already fixed it, I send you one. Smile

Can you confirm if you see my email address?