Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Piesker Tele-Picon 180/5.5 and friend
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Piesker Tele-Picon 180/5.5 and friend Reply with quote

I just received an Exakta mount Piesker Tele-Picon 180/5.5 that cost the scandalous sum of $9.99 US. I didn't know what to expect, but it is superb! Not a scratch on the finish and the optics completely clear. Mechanically smooth as butter. It even came in a leather (leatherette, probably) Lentar tube.

Imagine my surprise when, after mounting it on my Nikon with one of my better adapters, I could get infinity. It is superb even wide open! Hopefully I can get some shots tomorrow, if I can get out.

Here is the Piesker:

along with the Piesker, included in the price, was his little buddy. The Super-Lentar 35/2.8 was also without a scratch, in its own Lentar case. The 35mm has an Exakta mount which screws off to reveal an M42. I shot the photo above using the M42 mount. Nice little lens, good to almost infinity with my M42/Nikon adapter. I think it is a re-badged Tokina.

Tomorrow, outdoors (if I'm able).

Regards,
Reed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good looking lens! I look forward to your photos Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have this lens, in an easlier version apparently.

Most of the image links in this post are broken, but there is one that shows it with the mounting I made for Pentax -

http://forum.mflenses.com/piesker-tele-picon-180-5-5-and-dslr-conversion-t6092,highlight,piesker+180.html

Its interesting that yours gets infinity right off. Someone may have adjusted the helical.

Its quite a sharp lens, better than the similar vintage Meyer.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luis,

If only a lens made the photographer. However, even many years, which I hopefully don't have, will not give me the shots that you seem to compose so effortlessly.

I always enjoy/admire your photos, so it was disappointing to lose those you shot with this lens. The serial number on my lens is 20668. Do you know where that falls in the short life of Piesker?

Still raining, so no shots today.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have started adjusting the helical on mine but I had to leave off in frustration for a while, so now its in pieces.

When I get it properly rigged I'll give it another try.

As for good pictures, thats easy enough with a DSLR - just take a lot of them, some will be good.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a GREAT find! Even if the lens was crap (which I don't think it is), the beauty of the construction and the fabulous condition would ordain it as a great collection piece.