Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Photos from my travel in Egypt: Cairo, Aswan and Luxor
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Photos from my travel in Egypt: Cairo, Aswan and Luxor Reply with quote

So I happened to be travelling in Egypt for 10 days with backpack and my chamaca Very Happy Photography was not the main aim of the trip. We rather wanted to go out and explore the country. But off course, a man without a camera is not really a man... So here are five shots, all taken with Nikon D80 and 16-85mm VR or 70-300mm lens. If you want to see more, you can visit my Egypt gallery at my zenfolio-site: http://fotomachi.zenfolio.com/f169796923

There are 3 subgalleries, viz. Cairo and the Pyramids, Aswan and Luxor. While Cairo and the Pyramids contains mainly street photography and pictures from the Islamic Period, Luxor contains mainly pictures from Ancient Egyptian buildings. And Aswan is neither of the two Smile

The healthy atmosphere of Cairo... *cough*

This Mister opened the door while I was trying to photographic it.

This must be the only train in Egypt that is clad by grafitti... and it happened to be passing by while we were waiting for the night train to Aswan!

The Ramesseum, one of the nicest temples I've visited.

Life and death are always very close to eachother at the river Nile...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a bit envy! Congratulation for your nice holiday and many thanks for sharing these great pictures.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Egypt is a mystical and magical place, and you've managed to capture both with your images.

Out of the images shown here, I particularly like the one of the felucca - I traveled to a hot-air balloon rendezvous in one of them many years ago when on holiday in Luxor.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, that's an excellent trip and really good photos you took. Yeah, I'm envious. I love that sailboat, a sort of modern version of an ancient rig.