Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Photos from my Pentax 645
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Photos from my Pentax 645 Reply with quote

These were taken with my 645 and a 50mm f/4 CZJ lens.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Photos from my Pentax 645 Reply with quote

Awesome subjects! I like most of the pictures, but some seem to be out of focus. It seems as if the light conditions where not so good. Colors are very nice! Picture 6 is the best if you ask me Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Photos from my Pentax 645 Reply with quote

Drack wrote:
Awesome subjects! I like most of the pictures, but some seem to be out of focus. It seems as if the light conditions where not so good. Colors are very nice! Picture 6 is the best if you ask me Smile

Light conditions were horrible. Dark shade with bright sunlight in the background. Also these were all hand held so the f/4 lens demanded slow shutter speeds. I needed a tripod here but it was 8 miles away!! LOL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly visible, this is a brilliant sharp lens and p645 a damn fine camera.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, BD, love the colors, and that BW shot of the grill (close-up) is excellent!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics despite the bad weather effects. To me personally it`s a little bit sad to see vintage cars restored not to their original condition, but the other way around. Sad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Sadly visible, this is a brilliant sharp lens and p645 a damn fine camera.

Sounds like you think the camera and lens are in the wrong hands!! LOL

These are the very first photos I not only shot with the 645 but also the first negatives I tried to scan with my Epson scanner.

With time and a tripod they will improve.

They are good enough to make me WANT to improve and not only keep the 645 but use it more often.

Now if I can get off these 7 day 12 hour work weeks I'll be able to shoot more!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Nice, BD, love the colors, and that BW shot of the grill (close-up) is excellent!

Thank you my friend. I'm over a year late showing you these. My fault and I do apologize for being so late with them. I scanned them in and then promptly moved on to other things. I was not completely happy with both the way I shot them and the way I scanned them so I really was not going to post them. Laurence pushed me over the edge so I had to!! LOL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drack wrote:
Great pics despite the bad weather effects. To me personally it`s a little bit sad to see vintage cars restored not to their original condition, but the other way around. Sad

Each to his own with these. Some like them original (I'm one of those) and others see a potential to improve on the original design.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good start with your shots............

Now this would be a puzzle if this car was place amongst the other cars:-

http://tophatandtiaracars.co.uk/

It's a DIY kit car made in the UK and I saw it a few months ago on the road.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dig the black and white ones a lot. The close up of the Plymouth grill is a very nice shot.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
Drack wrote:

Each to his own with these. Some like them original (I'm one of those) and others see a potential to improve on the original design.

Well 99% of people who try to "improve" the original design make is waaayyyy worse...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Good start with your shots............

Now this would be a puzzle if this car was place amongst the other cars:-

http://tophatandtiaracars.co.uk/

It's a DIY kit car made in the UK and I saw it a few months ago on the road.

Might fit right in.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
I dig the black and white ones a lot. The close up of the Plymouth grill is a very nice shot.

That one is my favorite. I'm thinking of blowing that one up.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drack wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:
Drack wrote:

Well 99% of people who try to "improve" the original design make is waaayyyy worse...

Their car...their way.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
Drack wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:
Drack wrote:

Their car...their way.

True true...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice rides, dawg. car show at point mallard?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:
nice rides, dawg. car show at point mallard?

Ardmore Tenn. 2011

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For your first go at scanning etc...They are really nice the colors the B&W and of course the subject matter is superb...I can't wait to see your photos when you have had some practice and done your fine tuning!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
For your first go at scanning etc...They are really nice the colors the B&W and of course the subject matter is superb...I can't wait to see your photos when you have had some practice and done your fine tuning!

Thanks Mo. That will be a little while as I am getting ready to try out my Kodak Medalist II with it's glass focusing screen and my Kodak Master View 4x5 view camera. Just got to get all the kit together. Soon I promise soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice cars. I love my Pentax 645. I don't use it much, but when I do I enjoy it. Is your Carl Zeiss 50 the Pentacon 6 mount? I just ordered one off of Ebay Friday.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikon75-150E wrote:
Nice cars. I love my Pentax 645. I don't use it much, but when I do I enjoy it. Is your Carl Zeiss 50 the Pentacon 6 mount? I just ordered one off of Ebay Friday.

Yes it is. I also have CZJ 180 and 300 both red MC. The 50 f/4 is a zebra All Pentacon 6 mounts.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Big Dawg, for posting more as you promised in another thread! Very Happy

The black and whites are TRULY damn good! I agree with your choice of enlarging the
pic of the grill. Overall nice work, ESPECIALLY with the harsh conditions. Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
Thanks Big Dawg, for posting more as you promised in another thread! Very Happy

The black and whites are TRULY damn good! I agree with your choice of enlarging the
pic of the grill. Overall nice work, ESPECIALLY with the harsh conditions. Shocked

Laurence it was 96 degrees with 81 percent humidity. I was sweating enough to drench my cloths. Made the 645 slippery. I just need to shoot it more than I have and use a tripod to get the sharpness better. Really liked your photos on the other thread. Very nice water fall pic.