Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Petri mounts how to use?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Petri mounts how to use? Reply with quote

Ok i managed to pickup a very nice looking petri 1:2 f=55mm cc auto in petri mount from a charity shop for just a few pounds and would love to use it but cant find any nex adaptors and looking at the back mount there is two screws, but removing them does not free the mount up to swap so anybody have an idea on what to do i was thinking i could maybe make a nex petri if i had an old petri camera i could steel the mount from any suggestions?[/u]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very good lens, I have the 1.8 version and it is stunning, very sharp even wide open, superb bokeh.

Take the two screws out then get some pliers and apply some force to the bayonet ring, it's just a sinple flat ring and all that is holding it in place after you take off the two screws is a stud, give it a few tugs/wiggles and it will come off.

I have converted my 1.8/55 and a 2.8/28 Petri in this way, the diameter of the back piece is just right to fit a flangeless M42-EOS adapter over, held it in place with some epoxy et voila, it works perfectly on EOS and NEX.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be of interest for you, http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/112238-petri-c-c-auto-55mm-1-8-goes-under-knife.html