Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Petri F1.9 Color Corrected Super
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Petri F1.9 Color Corrected Super Reply with quote

Found this Petri today at a swap meet for $20 in beautiful condition. I always thought these
were interesting cameras and wanted to find one. Everything seems to work except the frame
counter. I will replace the light seals and give it a try.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks beautifull, I like these things. With a nice fast lens too! Hope you can get good results with it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it's a bargain, congrats!

greets leo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful camera ! Congrats! Look forward your shoots!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reply to a ten year old post!!

I picked one of these up for about the same money , not as good condition but it has cleaned up nicely. Its a well built camera and feels nice in the hands. My kids (in their 20's) were looking at some of my classic cameras and this seemed to be the one they handled most. It does have a nice balance in the hands.

I'm going to replace the seals and give it a whirl soon.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caution with these Petri RF's -
I have three slightly diff models including this one.
They have a really big weakness in the shutter cocking linkage.
That is where the linear movement of the cocking linkage connects to the rotary movement of the cocking mechanism on the shutter.
Where these two meet is soft metal, just a brass tongue on the shutter assembly side. This wears out or gets bent easily.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Caution with these Petri RF's -
I have three slightly diff models including this one.
They have a really big weakness in the shutter cocking linkage.
That is where the linear movement of the cocking linkage connects to the rotary movement of the cocking mechanism on the shutter.
Where these two meet is soft metal, just a brass tongue on the shutter assembly side. This wears out or gets bent easily.

mine looks ok. It winds, cocks and fires as it should. (touch wood) What you're saying here appears to affect many old cameras, shutter firing as the film is wound on.