Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax SV
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
GrahamNR17 wrote:
Some cameras were just designed right Cool Two cameras are like that for me, the SV and the ME Super. I'd kill for a digital version of either Very Happy

We discussed this once before. I'd kill for some digital film! Smile

Full Frame only, Please ! And I don't care if it has liveview teleported to an Ipad either. But I wan't iso to go at least down to 25 and I could give a rats about iso 25000 Smile

Eric

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: My Pentax SV Reply with quote

Just joined this Forum --my FIRST POST ! Well I have an SV from a Gent who contacted the Secretary of my Club here in Brentwood England saying he had some Pentax FILM gear to get rid of -- but nobody wanted it EXCEPT ME !! I rushed to the Old Gent and he said it was a retirement present years ago all this stuff -- Pentax SV + standard lens, 150mm f4 Super-Takumar, 35mm f2 Super- Takumar, extension tubes and some other bits and he said he would accept £25 for all of it if it went to a 'Good Home' =-- Well, you can imagine I blew the moths out of my wallett and gave it a 'Good Home' !! I have been using the 35mm f2 Super-Takumar last night and have got some good photos with the SV too !

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pentaxpete, welcome to the board, and what an excellent catch - that is some fine camera equipment. Show us your photos soon!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Pentax SV Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
Having now got my hands on another Pentax SV after too many years without one, it beats the crap out of me why they weren't rated higher than a Leica* Twisted Evil

Leica* SLRs feel like holding a concrete brick, but holding a screw-mount Pentax you really know you are holding a beautifully engineered and superbly designed scientific instrument.

Graham

Evil or Very Mad How dare you say those things, Sirrah? The Leicaflex like a concrete block?? Grrrr, my seconds will be calling upon you - "pistols for two and coffee for one", eh?

Nah, me ol' mate, only kidding Very Happy The Leicaflex was more like a steel jelly than a concrete block - at least it was smooth !!!

I think the Pentax was the only SLR that had the same kind of handling as the Leica M . . . almost sensual in fact (Am I allowed to say that here?)

Wish I had a golden sovereign for every S1a and SV I sold back then - and weren't the black ones simply supercalifrigalisticexpealedociuos? Ohhhhh, that deep black lacquer and the glossy white paint . . . [pity there's no emoticon for "salivating"]