Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax Spotmatic SP500
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive just bought one off the bay, hopefully it will all be ok looks good in the pictures etc.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex66 wrote:
Ive just bought one off the bay, hopefully it will all be ok looks good in the pictures etc.

Even if there is a problem they fix right up. Shoot good too. Good luck! Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adent wrote:
I'd like to have one of those angle finders for my eos let alone my Spotmatic Smile

I have a Pentax angle finder for the Spotmatic, and it fits the EOS viewfinder frame perfectly. So logically the old Canon finder would fit EOS too. However with mine the image is mirrored horizontally and the finder blocks the proximity sensor and turns off the LCD display. I never use it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well she came and apart from a little bit of leatherette pealing on one side she looks pretty clean. Alas no battery in the light meter so I gave to wait for them to arrive bit the shutter works or appears to.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex66 wrote:
Well she came and apart from a little bit of leatherette pealing on one side she looks pretty clean. Alas no battery in the light meter so I gave to wait for them to arrive bit the shutter works or appears to.

Great thing is they shoot without the battery.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Edgar, wow, that Spottie looks in great shape! Have you refurbished it? The chrome top is gleaming and the black paintwork on the base looks brand new! They really look the biz when they're clean and shiny like that. don't they? Many congratulations!

I was very lucky with this purchase off ebay a few years ago. From memory the body cost me £20 and it arrived in the condition seen in the photo c/w original box. All I've done to it is replace the light seals. It's a joy to use - I'll never part with it!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Pentax Spotmatic SP500 Reply with quote

I had about 10 of these cameras (SP500/1000/K1000) - none of them worked at a temperature of minus 20 degrees Celsius - second flap (shutter) and mirror go crazy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Pentax Spotmatic SP500 Reply with quote

Kamerer wrote:
I had about 10 of these cameras (SP500/1000/K1000) - none of them worked at a temperature of minus 20 degrees Celsius - second flap (shutter) and mirror go crazy.

You can't say that about Zenits!

I don't work very well at -20 either. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Pentax Spotmatic SP500 Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Kamerer wrote:

You can't say that about Zenits!

Zenith has about 67% the viewfinder, so I rarely use it.

peterqd wrote:

I don't work very well at -20 either. Wink

We have done a good walk with a Yashica-D at a temperature of -25 degrees Celsius. Smile