Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax mirrorless
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start stocking up on D-mount lenses (made for 8mm movie cameras)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And CS mount lenses???? Cool

The flange distance seems compatible, elsewhere we are assured it is 9.2mm, and the CS lens is 12mm+ leaving space for mount, flash accoutrements.....?

I bow to Rebelyell's experience using CS mount zooms as I have none. Wink

So dig out all those dodgy macro so called c mount lenses and sell them as Pentax compatible, once HK creates an aluminium adapter. Or buy this abomination?! Rolling Eyes

I may, once it is much cheaper!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What bothers me most is that Pentax is developing new cameras for a new mount system. Hopefully they won't start neglecting us K fanatics who are enlightened enough to realize that K mount is the best mount and Pentax is the best camera. Smile

Anyway, back to reality, I would rather they focus on giving us a 5D Mark II competitor with a full-size image sensor and extra-sharp image quality. I have no interest in expanding into a whole other camera setup with new lenses I can't use on other cameras, etc., etc., etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
So nearly no dof control, as in all compact cams.

You can see that as a weakness, but getting a wide DOF at large apertures is also a strength. And it also makes it harder to miss focus.

CarbonR wrote:
14Mpix on a such tiny sensor means no good handling of high sensitivities.

It's 12.4MP. And it has its limits, but as long as it is usable in daylight, it will satisfy a lot of needs.

CarbonR wrote:
So, a compact cam with interchangeable lens. What would be the interesting point compared to a real compact cam?

Style, controls, interchangeable lenses, and a smarter flash system.

CarbonR wrote:
And I don't know how they think we will clean a such sensor...

It includes the dust removal system that was introduced in the Pentax K-7 - it's pretty effective. If that fails, you can always remove the lens and blow air onto the sensor. Less surface to blow air on too Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'stress test' Wink
http://www.adorama.com/alc/blogarticle/The-Pentax-Q-Stress-Test-Day-1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

closer shoots are always easier than long distance shoots I think my daughter 70 USD compact camera which is a very good one produce similar result on these subjects.