Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax K- to M42 Adapter.Need some..
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Pentax K- to M42 Adapter.Need some.. Reply with quote

Well i guess i've searched all the holes and stores in the country but could not find anyone who sells genuine Pentax M42 adapter. Just will-not-focus-to-infinity material available..Plus as a result of some really bad experiences in the last 2 months, I fear to trade with e-bay people for some time..

I am willing to pay in advance all costs and any charges for your trouble for a genuine Pentax converter if somebody can pick one from the local shop and ship it to me..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Roxsen on ebay they do infinity focus adapters cos i got 2 from them Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx man, i've found that seller from ebay and placed a bid.. i could not receive some items i've paid for on e-bay so i'm really mad with ebay people.. but this non-genuine but will-af adapter seems cheap, so what ever... i can risk a couple of bucks..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PK adapter from Roxen seems to vary in quality.

I must have ordered half a dozen so far.

The last ones are nice (good fit, no wobbly lens) but I had to sand the first batch I ordered because the adapter was not flush with the mount (something like 0.5 mm too high).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Jieffe ; Did you have any of them stuck on the body. I've read that it happens and frankly it bothers me. having a dozen, you should have some experience..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throndor wrote:
@Jieffe ; Did you have any of them stuck on the body. I've read that it happens and frankly it bothers me. having a dozen, you should have some experience..

No, never had that problem ...

I have to say that I use one adapter for each M42 lens. I always leave the adapter on the lens. I thus removed the metal part that locks the adapter in the body (just one screw to remove).

Some lenses are secured enough when mounted. For others, I drilled a hole in the M42 mount to engage the PK mount locking pin.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can buy the genuine adapter from pentax if you want to pay the higher price for OEM.

http://www.pentaxwebstore.com/detail/PTX+30120

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Séamuis wrote:
you can buy the genuine adapter from pentax if you want to pay the higher price for OEM.

http://www.pentaxwebstore.com/detail/PTX+30120

Thanks for this link! I've been looking for it for weeks.

The OEM adapter is far better quality and locks into place like a dream. The cheaper ones don't lock on my K2 and I was really lucky to catch my J-9 one day when it fell out while I was focussing! Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Pentax-M42-PK-adapter-fit-K10d-k100d-K20D-K200d_W0QQitemZ130258516975QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item130258516975&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

The pentax webstore do not ship to europe :/. Lets hope german pentax setup a store soon.