Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax 67 lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Pentax 67 lenses Reply with quote

I've been offered a 165mm f2.8 and a 150mm f2.8 at a good price, does anyone have experience of these or indeed other 67s on dslr or mirrorless cameras.
Thanks
John

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Pentax 67 lenses Reply with quote

Tervueren wrote:
I've been offered a 165mm f2.8 and a 150mm f2.8 at a good price, does anyone have experience of these or indeed other 67s on dslr or mirrorless cameras.
Thanks
John

John, think again about using those giant lenses on a mirrorless. Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Pentax 67 lenses Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Tervueren wrote:
Thanks
John

John, think again about using those giant lenses on a mirrorless. Shocked

Lol LP, I've just had an early xmas present from my dear wife Gina, a limited edition Pentax K3 Smile won't look quute as ridiculous on that but if I get one I "might" try it on my NX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These lenses are large but manageable on a DSLR.
The optics are excellent and PK adapters are cheap.
Get an adapter with a tripod foot as the lenses are comparatively heavy. Once you get a couple of these you will be tempted to look for others.
Remember that Pentax 67 300mm lenses and longer, need a different adapter to the shorter lens lengths - should you decide to go that far.
Of course their attraction is their speed relative to focal length, and when I got mine - their cheapness.
Here are a couple of images from the 2.8/165
OH

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow OH, ok I guess after seeing these that I've got to try and get my wife onside lol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tervueren wrote:
Wow OH, ok I guess after seeing these that I've got to try and get my wife onside lol

Hahaha - an old story comes to mind - often told by woodworkers but would apply equally well to lens collectors:

".............my greatest fear is that I will become ill and my wife will sell my (lenses) for what I told her I paid for them ............."

Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used some of my 6X7 lenses on my K-3. The results are mixed. Firstly, though, I do not have either of the lenses you reference.

I will say that the 105mm and 200mm are just as sharp as my best 35mm Pentax lenses. However, that will not be true for all 6X7 lenses. I suspect that the two you have will be okay because it seems like the longer the focal length the better the lens' transition to APS-C.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2.8/150 is also good.
This is from the Super-Multi-Coated Takumar version:
OH

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was deciding between both I read a lot of comments saying the 165 2.8 was better so I got that one. I use it on the pentax67 but I once improvised a test on the d800 and the quality is ok, not as good as sharp @ 2.8 as a modern 35mm lens but pretty decent. I paid 120€ for mine.

http://antiquecameras.net/pentax6x7lenses.html

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, just bought the 150 Tak version, found out that they share the same optical format, also ordered an adapter from big_is Smile probably be a couple of weeks before that arrives sadly.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tervueren wrote:
Ok, just bought the 150 Tak version, found out that they share the same optical format, also ordered an adapter from big_is Smile probably be a couple of weeks before that arrives sadly.

It is a good lens and if you have big hands (I do) you will find that it handles quite well.
The only caveat is to be careful not to knock the Manual/Auto Aperture switch while using it, as it is on a hair trigger spring, and will instantly go to full aperture.
Unfortunately when engaged in Manual mode, the switch sits up a little and is easily knocked - well it is for me Embarassed
OH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tervueren wrote:

I hope that you are happy with this lens.
It performs well even on Pentax K-10D and should do better on K-3
OH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Tervueren wrote:

It is a good lens and if you have big hands (I do) you will find that it handles quite well.
The only caveat is to be careful not to knock the Manual/Auto Aperture switch while using it, as it is on a hair trigger spring, and will instantly go to full aperture.
Unfortunately when engaged in Manual mode, the switch sits up a little and is easily knocked - well it is for me Embarassed
OH

Thank you for the heads up OH, quite looking forward to using it especially after seeing your photos, the adapter I've ordered has a tripod mount and I guess I'm going to need it lol