Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentaconar Lenses?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject: Pentaconar Lenses? Reply with quote

I am assuming that lenses labelled Pentaconar were a late iteration of the Meyer/Pentacon line, but I can find no references to them online except anecdotally.
There are two on ebay at the moment and I have borrowed pictures from there to show here, namely 50mm f1.8 and 29mm f2.8
I believe that there was also a Pentaconar 50mm f1.4 but that may only have appeared in prototype form, and may not have been mass produced.
Does anyone have information on the history and range of Pentaconar lenses, or a link to the same?
Thank you
Tom

Last edited by Oldhand on Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard about theses. Both have the Pentacon symbol on the name ring, the 50 mm is the same as my Oreston 50/1.8 same for the 29 mm lens. One is elektric, with the letter k, perhaps...for domestic market only?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Pentaconar Lenses? Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
I am assuming that lenses labelled Pentaconar were a late iteration of the Meyer/Pentacon line

Pentaconar was the very short-lived brand name at the time of the transition from Meyer to Pentacon, somewhere between 1970 and 1972

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found almost none information about the pentaconar line.

Only two or three pics of different lenses with pentaconar at the front ring in M42lens.com

And two or three teles in http://www.pentaconsix.com/lenspub.htm

Very short production I guess.

Collector ítems?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most interesting is a Meyer Oreston seven element 50mm f1.4 Pentaconar that seems to have been prototyped, but did not enter series production.
See:
https://zeissikonveb.de/start/objektive/normalobjektive/oreston%201,4.html

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to this old post:

I just bought a pentaconar 500/5,6, with its original Meyer optik front cap plugging the sushade and the 42mm mount adapter that Meyer used both on this and on their 300mm. Serial number in the 506 00 00 range. It remains to be seen how this 3,5kilo monster performs-

p.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bit odd with the different names. Like Pentaflex Auto Color 50mm 1.8.
The important recurring phrase seems to be "Penta".

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is some info on it here: https://www.dresdner-kameras.de/objektive/musterobjektive_besonderheiten/musterobjektive_besonderheiten.html Just search for Pentaconar in the page.