Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon Six? Just bought an Exakta 66! Now onto lenses.....
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Pentacon Six? Just bought an Exakta 66! Now onto lenses..... Reply with quote

I just bought an excellent condition Exakta 66.

First a few question:

Whats a good cheap "normal" lens to throw on this camera? I also have an adapter so that I can use tilt on my Nikon D3, so these lenses will be used on both systems. Im looking to pickup a wide and a normal. Telephoto isnt really going to be my thing probably as I want to use this mostly for some amazing landscape / studio work. Eventually I also want to try this for macro work, but Im not sure if its as simple as picking up a compatible bellows or if I should go with a "macro" lens.

How does the Flek 50/4 and the Flek 65/2.8 compare? Both seem pretty wide, and while Ive heard amazing things about the 50 the 65 seems a little more rare. However, it does have a much more appealing max aperture of 2.8......

Also, how expensive are the legitimate schneider lenses? Are they really much better than the Zeiss?

Finally, does anyone know what the best way to use manual metering is this on camera? Ive heard that using Kiev66 TTL prisms is best with a modifier, but this adapter looks a bit expensive.....

Last edited by kawasakiguy37 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Pentacon Six? Just bought an Exakta 66! Now onto lenses. Reply with quote

kawasakiguy37 wrote:
I just won an excellent condition Exakta 66 on ebay for 460 bucks. Some might not think thats much of a steal but for such a great camera I think I will really like it. Auction doesnt say if it comes with TTL or waist level finder, but in the picture it looks like it has the waist level and Ive heard the Exakta TTL only works with Schneider lenses anyways.

First a few question:

Whats a good cheap "normal" lens to throw on this camera? I also have an adapter so that I can use tilt on my Nikon D3, so these lenses will be used on both systems. Im looking to pickup a wide and a normal. Telephoto isnt really going to be my thing probably as I want to use this mostly for some amazing landscape / studio work. Eventually I also want to try this for macro work, but Im not sure if its as simple as picking up a compatible bellows or if I should go with a "macro" lens.

How does the Flek 50/4 and the Flek 65/2.8 compare? Both seem pretty wide, and while Ive heard amazing things about the 50 the 65 seems a little more rare. However, it does have a much more appealing max aperture of 2.8......

Also, how expensive are the legitimate schneider lenses? Are they really much better than the Zeiss?

Finally, does anyone know what the best way to use TTL is this on camera? Ive heard that using Kiev66 TTL prisms is best with a modifier, but this adapter looks a bit expensive.....

http://www.pentaconsix.com/preface.htm
here you can find all info you need

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very envious! Congrats! So it didn't come with a lens? You have to get the Xenon 80/2.8.. I'm trying to remember which version was the best one (there are 3 I think).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the "exakta" labeled lens is not the best, and the xenotar E isnt that great either. Ideailly Id want the biometar converted for Exakta or the original xenotar. Now I just have to find one!