Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon Prakticar 1.8 50mm in PB mount on NEX-3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Pentacon Prakticar 1.8 50mm in PB mount on NEX-3 Reply with quote

This is the third or fourth copy of this lens I've had, the others all developed faults, and this is the first time I've got to shoot one on my NEX. Wow, stunning lens, better than the earlier M42 versions, it's really sharp and has great contrast and colours. Best of all, I paid 6ukp for it in mint condition but oily blades, soon cleaned the oil off and it works perfect.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed! Congrats!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have so many great 50s now, and I don't want to part with any of them! I have sold 8 or 9 50s but the ones I have left, I really like em all...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the feel of that last one with the old ad on the gable end.

Works well in colour but I wouldn't mind seeing it in monochrome. Cool

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few HDRs I did with this lens at the same time:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:

I will shoot some mono shots tomorrow Bob, weather allowing, I like a bit of BW.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
bob955i wrote:

I will shoot some mono shots tomorrow Bob, weather allowing, I like a bit of BW.

Look forward to them - where you live has a lot of character that lends itself to both colour and mono. Cool

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
bob955i wrote:

Look forward to them - where you live has a lot of character that lends itself to both colour and mono. Cool

Yes indeed, I like to use mono on vintage subjects, I shot this at the same time as I shot the Pentacon series with a Minolta MD 1.7/50. 6 shot HDR then processed in Silver EFEX with the vintage plate preset.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great lens, and one you see all around the place for next to nothing. I will definitely look for one now.

I prefer the original images to the HDR ( I like the B&W of the old house steps ) because this lens is 'honest', it tells it like it is, and I like that. Personal preference ? yeah. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've a few of these lenses too, one in PB mount. I like the HDR, and the steps are fantastic.

But, "The Black Cock Inn"? Really? :sniggers:

That's akin to Jamie Oliver's mobile pub called "The Cock in Cider" Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, this is the one that you see everywhere for 5-10ukp.

The Black Cock has been there since the 1600s, The Fighting Cock is another common old pub name.

The name always amuses American tourists... lol