Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon Electric 135 f2.8 for $60 - good buy?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The used camera market in Canada doesn't have as much old communist stuff as in Europe.

That's not to say there aren't bargains, but you don't find a dozen Prakticas and Zenits at every flea market.

I got my version on fleabay in PB mount for $60 with a BCA body and 50/2.4 lens, but they only show up every couple of months.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuzzywuzzy wrote:
The used camera market in Canada doesn't have as much old communist stuff as in Europe.

That's not to say there aren't bargains, but you don't find a dozen Prakticas and Zenits at every flea market.

I got my version on fleabay in PB mount for $60 with a BCA body and 50/2.4 lens, but they only show up every couple of months.

Ditto. I got mine through a friend in Poland.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just look forward to seeing some shots when the OP gets his lens Smile

Last edited by iangreenhalgh1 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In short, it is a very good lens, at least my copy. At f4, the iris still almost perfect round. Very sharp and contrast full wide open, f4 even better.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess i owe an apologize to err0r for ruining the topic and i apologize to Attila for my hasty reaction. I'm sorry and bocsanat Embarassed
But i still don't like the copies of Pentacon that i have or had.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries Alex! You don't like your copies? You can always give them to me Razz

I hear ya Ian! I wonder if I should post them in this thread or create a new one... Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexthekid wrote:
I guess i owe an apologize to err0r for ruining the topic and i apologize to Attila for my hasty reaction. I'm sorry and bocsanat Embarassed
But i still don't like the copies of Pentacon that i have or had.

"bocsanat" nice you did use my language thanks! no problem at my side at all.

what lens we like or not pretty much subjective matter I also not like well respected lenses and like some less respected ones , really matter of taste so no matter at all

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a copy that I sold. The lens was vulnerable to CA wide open and I had to stop it down to f/8 to get decent results. Furthermore, the minimum focusing distance was something like 1.7m if I remember well - one of the longest I've seen for this focal length.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you must have had a bad or faulty copy, there shouldn't be CA present.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurentiu Cristofor wrote:
I had a copy that I sold. The lens was vulnerable to CA wide open and I had to stop it down to f/8 to get decent results. Furthermore, the minimum focusing distance was something like 1.7m if I remember well - one of the longest I've seen for this focal length.

With both of my copies i had the same problems. CA not just wide open, but even stopped down to f/4 or 5.6. Could be that both was faulty. Could be that some other copy would be better.

Attila wrote:
"bocsanat" nice you did use my language

Your language is my language too, just my keyboard isn't suited for it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this the other day and I found it very useful: http://oomz.net/135/

There seems to be one of these copies that doesn't perform well, and another copy of the same version that does - I guess Attila is right and the people who have experienced bad results might just have been unlucky with the copy they got...