Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon 4/200 lens generations?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: Pentacon 4/200 lens generations? Reply with quote

Yesterday I picked up a Pentacon 4/200 lens (optically very good, cosmetically fair) that looks different from most Pentacon 4/200 lenses I have seen here or on the Web.

I do know there is the original zebra-striped Meyer, the pre-set lens (which I have), and the later MC electric. But there seem to be at least two variations of the pre-set lens. Is the difference only the outside, or did the mechanics/optics also change between those variations?

This is the one that I have, mounted on the Canon 5D:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the optical scheme of the.preset model never changed, much like the 135mm. There was the original striped Meyer optik, the striped Pentacon and then at least two black bodied Pentacons, one with green lettering, one with red. I wouldn't be surprised if there were variations on the black versions too, like with the 135mm model. Then finally there were the auto and electric versions.