Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon 200mm f4 electric M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Pentacon 200mm f4 electric M42 Reply with quote

Short review about this lens, built quality is okay. Optical quality is good as than well known brand lens quality such as Nikkor, Takumar,Minolta etc. It has built in lens hood, pretty pleasant to use.

What is your opinion ?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one (preset version) and I'm pleased with it.

It's not the sharpest 200mm wide open, and it suffers from a bit CA.

But, it is very well built, it has very nice bokeh and its color rendering is very pleasing ("sweet" as I say).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had pre-set version also, I think this latest one is improved in wide open sharpness or now I have better camera than in past.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Pentacon 200mm f4 electric M42 Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Short review about this lens, built quality is okay. Optical quality is good as than well known brand lens quality such as Nikkor, Takumar,Minolta etc. It has built in lens hood, pretty pleasant to use.

What is your opinion ?

Cracking lens the only downside I found was it's bulk and weight which was the reason I recently sold mine, looking to replace it with the Pentax M 200 f4 which is both smaller and lighter.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the electrical version optically identical with the non-electric version and the Meyer Orestegor 4/200 zebra?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsmlogger wrote:
I have one (preset version) and I'm pleased with it.

It's not the sharpest 200mm wide open, and it suffers from a bit CA.

But, it is very well built, it has very nice bokeh and its color rendering is very pleasing ("sweet" as I say).

+1. I'd need to count them but I believe it has the same or similar amount of blades as the Orestor 135 'Bokeh Monster'.

ForenSeil wrote:
Is the electrical version optically identical with the non-electric version and the Meyer Orestegor 4/200 zebra?

Other than QC variations, I believe so - all the electric version does is use a potentiometer to tell the camera meter what aperture the lens is set at for open aperture metering.