Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon 135/2.8 Preset at the stables
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Pentacon 135/2.8 Preset at the stables Reply with quote

Today I accompanied my wife to the stables and took some photos while she was riding. The lens was Pentacon 135/2.8 Preset, which I bought from another forum member. I had earlier bought a Meyer/Pentacon to Nikon adapter, an interchangeable back mount cone. Even with that, I couldn´t reach infinity, so I had to grind a millimetre or so from the adapter. Fortunately it took only about five minutes to fix it. Smile

Nikon D700 body, ISO 200, apertures either f/2.8 or f/4.

3. This probably was at f/5.6

15 blades make a smooth bokeh. The focus is a bit stiff, maybe I should try a re-lube some day.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb presentation ! I expect this is zebra lens, there is two pre-set Pentacon earlier zebra and later non zebra finish.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a fine lens, and a lovely set. The first cat picture is my fave Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Attila and Graham!

Attila wrote:
Superb presentation ! I expect this is zebra lens, there is two pre-set Pentacon earlier zebra and later non zebra finish.

No, this is later all-black version. Isn´t there at least 3 different all-black body styles? Version 1 has knurled metal focusing ring, Version 2 has square-grid focusing ring (this is my copy) and Version 3 has the front-end of the body flush in a straight line with the dedicated lens hood.