Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon 135 2.8 "bokeh monster"
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:
From what I have seen, I would even prefer the Meyer lens to the Pentacon.
I once had a Pentacon 2.8/135 and, yes, it was a good lens but by no means as fantastic as many say it is, rather slightly above average.

Well I suppose someone can post results of a 135mm lens superior in lines/mm to the Meyer/Pentacon, but my Meyer has some quality (hard to describe quality) that shows using film.

Why did you quote my statement in your post? I don't get that.

Disagreement? Confirmation?

....only because you said it was "slightly above average". Well unless someone can show the Pentacon is definitely inferior to the Meyer, I would assume the lenses are very similar.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won this one...what do you think? Too much?
http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320693099739&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_2472wt_1067

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price would be fine if healthy but this part worries me:
"Within a lot of dust particles, minor dirt-deposits and a little haze at the inner glass."
I wish you luck with haze being only product of condensation.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photos seem good, are you agree? Did you see visible defects?

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some test shots taken with my Meyer Primotar 3.5/135 with 15 blades, all wide open:

Bokeh test:

Sharpness test:

100% crop:

100% crop:

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sinner79 wrote:
Actually I've got a Auto Pentacon 135 2.8 6 blades, really good...but I like 15 blades effect. I'm wondering if, having a 135 already, could be a great choice also the 200mm f4 15 blades, what do you think about this lens in regard of 135mm?
I have the preset Pentacons 135 & 200. My copy of the 200 seems to be sharp at F4; it's probably sharper wide open that the 135 ever gets. Both have great bokeh.

Of course most most `bokeh' shots feature the lens wide open when the amount of blades is meaningless.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seller kindly sent me a link to the shots of this lens:
What do you think? Do you see any problems in the rendering of optics?
Thank you very much.

https://picasaweb.google.com/artemisia.photo/MeyerOrestor28135?authkey=Gv1sRgCPSpi7biv-2uPw&feat=directlink#