Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon 1.8/50mm infinity on Nikon?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Pentacon 1.8/50mm infinity on Nikon? Reply with quote

Does it hit the mirror at infinity is my question? I mean if correctly adapted does it allow infinity at all?

Last edited by Pancolart on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Auto Revuenon 50/1.8 which is said to be a rebranded Pentacon ( they look identical ) and I can mount it safely on my D90 with both glass and no-glass adapters.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lena wrote:
I have an Auto Revuenon 50/1.8 which is said to be a rebranded Pentacon ( they look identical ) and I can mount it safely on my D90 with both glass and no-glass adapters.

I am asking 3rd option. Imagine adapted lens that reaches infinity without "no-glass" adapter. Does lens hit the mirror?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's easier to ask, but i am too eager to wait for answer so i've put M42 mount off the Pentacon and hold lens near my NIKON EM. I had no tilt/shift problems since i could lean base of the mount to the camera. Eureka: NO MIRROR HIT AT INFINITY Smile!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Well it's easier to ask, but i am too eager to wait for answer so i've put M42 mount off the Pentacon and hold lens near my NIKON EM. I had no tilt/shift problems since i could lean base of the mount to the camera. Eureka: NO MIRROR HIT AT INFINITY Smile!

Interesting. I have couple of these lenses and wonder if they could be adapted. It would add about 0,5mm from lens mount to the base of the pentacon with a conversion. Do you think you'd still get infinity focus?

Oh, I have 2 versions, what type is yours?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would finally put my 5 Kg of this lenses into use now that I just get into Nikon. Any description how to modify?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eugen Mezei wrote:
That would finally put my 5 Kg of this lenses into use now that I just get into Nikon. Any description how to modify?

I doubt many M42 mount lenses would have enough adjustment to reach infinity on a Nikon camera.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Pancolart wrote:

Interesting. I have couple of these lenses and wonder if they could be adapted. It would add about 0,5mm from lens mount to the base of the pentacon with a conversion. Do you think you'd still get infinity focus?

Yes! And there is exactly around 0.5mm space left to add adapter after you fully adjust focusing helicoid. It could give you even more space but aperture mechanism blocks turning and it would have to be rearranged. Definitely worth a try, Pentacon would look and work darn nice on Nikon IMHO.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
philslizzy wrote:
Pancolart wrote:

Yes! And there is exactly around 0.5mm space left to add adapter after you fully adjust focusing helicoid. It could give you even more space but aperture mechanism blocks turning and it would have to be rearranged. Definitely worth a try, Pentacon would look and work darn nice on Nikon IMHO.

gonna give it a go Monday!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Eugen Mezei wrote:

I doubt many M42 mount lenses would have enough adjustment to reach infinity on a Nikon camera.

Martin, I strictly mean the Pentacon 50/1.8.
They came with every Praktica, so I have some kilograms of them.

In the meantime I got how to modify them for Nikon just on this very same site:

Now I wonder if I could do something similar with the Pancolar.

Eugen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Pancolart wrote:
philslizzy wrote:
Pancolart wrote:

gonna give it a go Monday!

tried it here is the results http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1273530.html#1273530