Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Orestor 100/2.8 vs SMC Tak 135/2.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Orestor 100/2.8 vs SMC Tak 135/2.5 Reply with quote

i read alot of good thing about the orestor 100mm and its bokeh etc..
so i felt like testing it and the takumar and pixel peep Razz
so here it is
Orestor @ 2.8

SMC Takumer @ 2.5

so there's a smoother bokeh as expected with the takumar
but crops show also higher contrast for the takumar. and i cant exactly say that the takumar was any brighter at its 2.5 vs 2.8 even though both shots where fired at the same shutter speed and settings.

Orestor crop

Takumer Crop

the only weird thing that i noticed was the green color fringing with the takumar while the orestor had none. i guess because of the coatings

i think both are great lenses but with the performance of the orestor and the similar focal lenght i would probably choose it over the takumar as its alot smaller and weighs about a half or a third of the takumar

*edit* i wanted to say that the 135mm takumar is pretty much a tele lens on a crop dslr and the 100mm orestor can be a good portrait lens, much more usable than the takumar. **

and if someone wants to know i got the takumar for 40$, and the orestor was a gift.
hope this info can help someone choose.

cheers

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you say, both look like keepers Smile