Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

One roll Lucky SHD 100 meets my new digitalisation method!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: One roll Lucky SHD 100 meets my new digitalisation method! Reply with quote

Finally I managed to order this film Smile
By the way I think I improved this digitalisation method from the last time visibly
http://forum.mflenses.com/bessa-l-m39-heliar-15mm-f4-5-mostly-expired-superpan-200-t49634.html
I think I have to "rescan" some of these older shots again Smile

My digtialisation method was a cheap light table (25€ new), a NEX 5N set to +0,7EV (more might be better as I had to gave them another full stop exposure in the Lightroom preset to improve the results) and RAW, my new Apo Rodagon R 75/4 Smile (less than 100€ used from Ebay) set to 1:1,5 to 1,55 magnifcation @ F5.6 and and a homemade Lightroom 3 preset.

Film was exposed at ISO 100 and developed with 7min with 1+25 Rodinal at 20°C
The film really likes this combo and time imho!

Lenses used were Summicron-C 40/2, Elmar-C 90/4 an CV Heliar 15/4.5 on Leica Cl

This film has no good halation protection... I bet this could be used to produce interesting effects

Some simple but very dirty laboratory fun I made last thursday Very Happy

This is burning carbon monoxide (yes the dangerous and toxic stuff) with a lot sparkles of tiny burning carbon particles Smile
I used the carbon monoxide which I produced in situ from excess charcoal and little oxygen in a normal clayware pipe to reduce iron oxide (rust) back to metallic iron Smile I wonder if this might work as cool refurbish for old camera parts Very Happy
The Lucky film seems to be very insensetive to blue light as there was a very very large blue-violett flame which is much more absence than tiny yellowish sparkles of burning carbon particles in this pic.
I wonder how sensitive the film is to near infrared.

This camera is extremly quiet (shutter is nearly noiseless) and inconspicuous

My loved Contax G - it will have to go soon to Ebay to financiate the raise of my (optically still slightly inferior) Leica M system .

Conclusion:
I love this digitalisation method! A single "scan" which imho outresolves any normal flatbed scanner I know takes ony about 1/25s and the results are even better for my taste (they are closer to a real print).
And I really enjoy the Leica Cl / my new M system, extremly small, compact, great quality - only drawbacks are that the Summicron-C is a little too small for my fingers and that it has no automatic for exposure Wink
The Lucky film is very nice as long as the missing anti halation layer does not disturb you!
But it's slightly more expensive here than Agfa APX100 which has similar grain but no visible anti-halation issue.
The Repro-Rodagon is a near perfect lens for this purpose!

Last edited by ForenSeil on Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:15 pm; edited 7 times in total

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put the Leica on ebay and keep the Contax, what's the point in downgrading to something inferior?

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your scanning method gives crazy results, I checked the detail at 100% and it's pretty incredible. Full image, and 100% crop