Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OM Zuiko 35 f/2.8 or Nikon 35 f/2?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject: OM Zuiko 35 f/2.8 or Nikon 35 f/2? Reply with quote

I'm looking at 35mm lenses and I spot an Olympus as well as a Nikon.
I usually like both brands. The lenses I've seen have similar price (though the Nikon is a bit more expensive).

Nikon is faster, but I've read that the OM 2.8 is supposed to be quite sharp even wide open, not sure if the same is true about the Nikon wide open.
If that's true then spending more bucks for a faster lens that anyway I need to stop down doesn't make much sense.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the OM, but I had the nikkor for a while and it seemed a solid performer to me.
Performance wide open wasn't bad, for what I remember - obviously it gets sharper if you stop it down a bit.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might firstly decide whether you need F2.0 speed or don't. If answer is positive, Nikon is surely among best.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys,

I went with the Nikon! I should get it soon.