Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus Zuiko OM 90/2 Macro. Haze, maybe element reversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Olympus Zuiko OM 90/2 Macro. Haze, maybe element reversion Reply with quote

I played the russian roulette and bought an almost mint Olympus Zuiko OM 90/2 Macro lens with some problems.

The lens has been "cleaned" by a "professional" but upon close inspection with a flashlight one can see a slight haze on some of the inner elements. If you take a quick look through the lens everything looks great (clear and bright), but if you look closer you can tell that something is not right.

Pictures taken with the lens on full aperture are extremely soft but on smaller apertures everything seems fine.

Do you think that one of the lens elements could be reversed? It's hard to think that the slight haze could affect the picture quality so dramatically.

Does anyone know of any web resources for this lens, maybe even a tutorial on disassembly/cleaning/assembly?

I only have this to go on so far: http://www.star.ucl.ac.uk/~rwesson/esif/om-sif/lensgroup/90mmf2.htm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens razor sharp wide open, worth to not try to fix a 700 USD lens by your self. I have a professional repair man here, I suggest to ask a quote from him labor and postal cost not too much to get this lens in perfect working order.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be very interested in asking for a quote. I happen to have a mint MC Rokkor 58/1.2 with an aperture that is stuck wide open (dislocated it seems, as nothing happens when you turn the aperture ring). I could send your guy both lenses, maybe get an extra good price and even save some on shipping. Could you please send me contact information. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact info sent!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!