Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus Zuiko 50mm f2 Macro lens review
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Olympus Zuiko 50mm f2 Macro lens review Reply with quote

http://www.mu-43.com/f102/panasonic-leica-45mm-f-2-8-macro-vs-olympus-zuiko-om-50mm-f-2-0-macro-12478/

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being the 50mm macro a lens with full 24x36 coverage it does say a lot.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rafa1981 wrote:

I think all 35mm manual focus lens lens cover it and usually a simple 50mm lens with extension ring excellent macro performer. Rather need proper technic, good subject than expensive lens.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
rafa1981 wrote:

I think all 35mm manual focus lens lens cover it and usually a simple 50mm lens with extension ring excellent macro performer. Rather need proper technic, good subject than expensive lens.

I didn' t express myself correctly, I mean that the Zuiko can compete resolution wise with a lens natively designed for a smaller format, that says a lot, when I used the 4/3 system there were not so many lenses manual lenses that could compete with the zuiko 12-60 at same apertures, most of them they were outperformed even by the kit 14-42 and 40-150 lenses (in that format, of course).

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great lens, although not as sharp and bokeh not as smooth as a Makro Planar, I sold the MP and keep the OM 50/2 due to its size.