Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus Trip AF 31
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Olympus Trip AF 31 Reply with quote

I did start to interest about AF point and shoot film cameras. Today I bought very cheaply an Olympus Trip AF 31 camera. Do you have any experience ?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has a slightly wider lens, but slower than the Stylus/Stylus Epic. Should
perform well, let's see some pics!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Olympus Trip Reply with quote

This was one of their 'entry level' cameras, so maybe it's best not to expect too much from it. The earlier AF-1, which was at one time the top of their AF compact range, had a decent lens but was a bit awkward to use for focus-lock.

Best inexpensive P&S Olympus is the MJU-1 - a good f3.5 lens and an autofocus mechanism that usually works. You can stiil get them on eBay-UK dirt cheap. The MJU-2 with the f2.8 is supposed to be a lot better - it has 'spot metering' - but I have both and the negs from the -2 don't actually seem any sharper when you look through a high powered loupe. However, the metering certainly works!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty crap indeed at least for scanning and publishing. It is good for P&S and get some print for family.