Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus OM to Nikon/Pentax
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Olympus OM to Nikon/Pentax Reply with quote

Hi,

has anyone seen such a bayonet from China/HK beside the Lxxxxxx solution ?
Many thanks for your assistance.

Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. It may avaliable soon if there is a need for such adaptor.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comment.

Well Leitax offers such a solution for some OM lenses. But i believe it is the same situation with the Nikon and Pentax bayonets before.

At first there were cheap adapters for Leica to Nikon on the market, since few weeks bayonets for Leica to Pentax and hopefully in the future for OM to Nikon or Pentax too.

Perhaps you will remember at this thread and can provide me a short notice if you will see such a bayonet in the future.

Thanks again.

Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Thanks for your comment.

Well Leitax offers such a solution for some OM lenses. But i believe it is the same situation with the Nikon and Pentax bayonets before.

At first there were cheap adapters for Leica to Nikon on the market, since few weeks bayonets for Leica to Pentax and hopefully in the future for OM to Nikon or Pentax too.

Perhaps you will remember at this thread and can provide me a short notice if you will see such a bayonet in the future.

Thanks again.

Wink

No problem Wink . By the way, doing a simple mount conversion in China just cost around US$50.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Rolf wrote:
Thanks for your comment.

Thanks again.

Wink

No problem Wink . By the way, doing a simple mount conversion in China just cost around US$50.
Wink

How this will be done and is it not possible to do it by myself with the parts I need for this conversion ?

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
Rolf wrote:
Thanks for your comment.

Thanks again.

Wink

Wink

How this will be done and is it not possible to do it by myself with the parts I need for this conversion ?

Wink

Send the lens to mount conversion professional.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there enough room inside the Pentax bayonet for the OM mount + adapter? The Nikon lenses are a "press fit" in the Pentax mount so there's not enough space for an adapter (or it would be really, really tight).

A mount conversion is somewhat easy but an adapter would be sweet Cool

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryan s wrote:
Is there enough room inside the Pentax bayonet for the OM mount + adapter? The Nikon lenses are a "press fit" in the Pentax mount so there's not enough space for an adapter (or it would be really, really tight).

A mount conversion is somewhat easy but an adapter would be sweet Cool

You can measure it yourself. An adaptor can be made if and only if it is physically and mechanically feasible.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be easy to measure if I had any OM lenses Laughing

The OM has about 1.5mm more register distance than Pentax lenses, and it looks like the Leitax adapter is a bit thicker than the stock OM mount.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryan s wrote:
It would be easy to measure if I had any OM lenses Laughing

The OM has about 1.5mm more register distance than Pentax lenses, and it looks like the Leitax adapter is a bit thicker than the stock OM mount.

Register difference: OM 46mm - PK 45.46mm = 0.54mm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have mentioned in a few threads here that I have slightly modified OM and C/Y lenses to fit PK mount cameras. The problem is that the bayonet blades on the lens are slightly too thick to fit underneath the PK mount lugs. My modification is to use a Dremel blade to shave away a little of those blades, tapering them back about 10mm. On OM mount, taper all three blades. On C/Y mount, don't taper the notched blade.

These modified lenses will still fit their original mounts, and will now press-fit onto PK mounts. But the fit isn't secure, and I would not trust a long heavy lens this way. My next step will be to use a Dremel blade to cut a small notch into the lens base, 1mm wide and deep and 6mm long, for the PK locking pin to latch into. I have not done this yet but it should work.

I have so far modified only inexpensive lenses. This surgery would probably reduce the value of a costly gem, which should receive the Leitax treatment instead. But if you have cheap OM or C/Y lenses to fit to a Pentax camera, this works.