Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus OM confirm adapter to EOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Olympus OM confirm adapter to EOS Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a lot of problems with my present confirm adapter. It is not possible to find the exact focus point. The focus lights within the cam flickers all the time.

The following picture shows my actual adapter

The confirm chip looks different to my other confirm adapters to EOS, for example Leica, M42 etc. The chip on these adapters looks like this one

Could it be that this is the reason for my problems? My adapter and the picture of the different adapter are from the same dealer. He is not in a position to look into his warehouse and to deliver one with the chip on his picture. Poor customer service.

Are there any suggestions regarding another and fully functional confirm adapter from your side? I asked also few days ago in a German forum, but with only one answer. This colleague wrote that the problems from OM to EOS are fundamentally. Shocked

Many thanks in advance.

Rolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what lens are you using?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wild shot, but maybe the chip isn't making proper contact with the electronic pins on the camera, could be offset.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadows wrote:
Wild shot, but maybe the chip isn't making proper contact with the electronic pins on the camera, could be offset.

If you put this adapter on your camera, what aperture does it give you? F2 ?

i guess it has something to do with the lens / AF chip combination. Are you trying to use e.g. 50 1.2 or so?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I have the following OM lenses

1.4 - 50
1.8 - 50
3,5 - 28 and
8 - 500

The aperture shown in the cam (1DsMkIII and all other Canons) is always f 1.4 at Av-Mode. May be the chip is damaged ? Many thanks for your assistance.

Rolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:

The aperture shown in the cam (1DsMkIII and all other Canons) is always f 1.4 at Av-Mode. May be the chip is damaged ? Many thanks for your assistance.

Rolf

I am using the same adapter on an OM - EOS adapter. My experience is also that the focus confirmation is less reliable than on the M42-EOS adapters that I bought before. Which is surprising, because the chip only fools the camera in thinking that an EF lens is attached. The AF circuit is in the camera, not in the chip.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:

Rolf

Well the aperture is programmed into the chip, the only way to change that is to change the settings on the chip itself.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is strange that the chip is programmed to show up as F1.4... most chips i know are programmed as F2.

My experience with these chips is that they work nicely with some lenses, whereas other lenses will be off.

I would expect that your AF chip is off, especially if this error occurs with more than 1 lens.

The chip itself is the same for all the xx to EOS body adapters.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:
it is strange that the chip is programmed to show up as F1.4... most chips i know are programmed as F2.

My experience with these chips is that they work nicely with some lenses, whereas other lenses will be off.

I would expect that your AF chip is off, especially if this error occurs with more than 1 lens.

The chip itself is the same for all the xx to EOS body adapters.

Hi Alex,

thanks for your comments. I have send a PM to you.

Rolf