Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus F-Zuiko Auto-T 5/200
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject: Olympus F-Zuiko Auto-T 5/200 Reply with quote

A slow 200mm lens by any standard.
Here are some images that I captured this afternoon at full aperture (f5)
The subject is a male king parrot - we see them often here.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this lens so much that I keep two copies.They are very good even wide open.

A7R+Zuiko 200/5,f5
http://www.zeissimages.com/gallery/951/med_U951I1440617213.SEQ.2.jpg
A7+Zuiko 200/5,f5
http://www.zeissimages.com/gallery/951/U951I1399830998.SEQ.2.jpg

You Aussies are lucky bastards to have all those colourful parrots at large Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shapencolour wrote:

You Aussies are lucky bastards to have all those colourful parrots at large Wink

Thanks for the kind words.
Australia does have a large variety of birdlife and also most of the world's songbirds
Yes we are lucky, but we try to manage bird habitat to make sure that we continue to have them into the future.
I am most grateful for their ever present beauty
OH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Cat
Wonderful lens, and beautiful subject.
Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive results! A slow lens is not always a bad lens and a fast lens is no guarantee for a great picture.....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great show case of a great lens.

What attracted me to this lens is its small size and light weight - 380g and 49mm filter! I was pleasantly surprised by its quality. I took it to a soccer game earlier this year on an A6000:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely colors.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eno789 wrote:
Great show case of a great lens.

What attracted me to this lens is its small size and light weight - 380g and 49mm filter! I was pleasantly surprised by its quality.

Thanks everyone.
Yes eno789 you are right about its size - quite small for a 200mm lens.
What surprised me was the smoothness of the bokeh at f5.
Much better than I was expecting.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
shapencolour wrote:

Australia does have a large variety of birdlife and also most of the world's songbirds
Yes we are lucky, but we try to manage bird habitat to make sure that we continue to have them into the future.
OH

I haven't visited Australia since 1997,but my memories of Sydney and the area around are very nice and unique.

They say that visiting Australia is changing a man for good.I found it for myself,those are not empty words.At least 5 of my friends came back changed.Two had emigrated and are happy there.

Even my daughter,who spent last holidays (4 weeks) in Sydney-Brisbane-Canberra,travelling with australian friends, told me after coming back,that as soon as she completes her PhD,she seriously considers the post-doc or even settling down.

Well,......what I can say then.Children are arrows released from the parental bow,as some poet used to say one thousand years ago. Wink .What I really dislike is the distance to cover.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shapencolour wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
shapencolour wrote:

OH

I haven't visited Australia since 1997,but my memories of Sydney and the area around are very nice and unique.

They say that visiting Australia is changing a man for good.I found it for myself,those are not empty words.At least 5 of my friends came back changed.Two had emigrated and are happy there.

Even my daughter,who spent last holidays (4 weeks) in Sydney-Brisbane-Canberra,travelling with australian friends, told me after coming back,that as soon as she completes her PhD,she seriously considers the post-doc or even settling down.

Well,......what I can say then.Children are arrows released from the parental bow,as some poet used to say one thousand years ago. Wink .What I really dislike is the distance to cover.

Thank you for the kind words about our lovely country.
The southern states have a heat wave and bushfires at the moment - this is common in the summer months across the country, but the south is always badly affected.
....... and the north is well into the rainy season - or "the wet" as they call it.
We have a very large landmass, and many of our families are widespread.
My own children are well scattered, with only three within driving distance - and two of those a full day's drive Laughing - the other two are realistically seen only via air travel
Rolling Eyes
However, like everyone's home, we love it and we welcome all visitors, and are glad to help others who want to come and stay.
We have increased our immigration intake to try to assist in the worldwide refugee crisis, and hope that those who come will like it enough to stay.
Maybe you will come one day to join your family too.
Don't forget your camera - haha
OH