Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus 4000 4MP digital compact
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Olympus 4000 4MP digital compact Reply with quote

This was my first digital camera I paid same amount for it than we can pay today for a good crop DSLR.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad,I like Olympus...I did the same bought a P&S when if I had known about DSLRs, I could have paid some more and got one of them.. Laughing But it taught me a lot about the limitations of auto focus and you have to start somewhere with a camera that you have.
I think I like #9 the best it seems sharper.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, surprisingly clear and detailed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice.. but then that city is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much nicer to shoot than Beaverton (which should be shot.. out a cannon... not by one)

I still use my old Olympus C5050 quite a bit.. it is a nice size has a very fast (f1.Cool lens and gives a great tonality...

Doug

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nemesis101 wrote:
Nice.. but then that city is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much nicer to shoot than Beaverton (which should be shot.. out a cannon... not by one)

I still use my old Olympus C5050 quite a bit.. it is a nice size has a very fast (f1.Cool lens and gives a great tonality...

Doug

Our city said thank you ! Smile I used this camera last months as a light meter and a note recorder for film shoots. It has manual mode and accurate light meter if I measure light with it and take capture from same spoot than with old folder. I have a good record what should I expect from films later.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, very nice pix from a 4MP camera! Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gread Budapest pics
quality like today mobile phones

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first digital camera also was an Olympus, a C-160.

http://u1.ipernity.com/9/07/17/3230717.40db3f12.1024.jpg

http://u1.ipernity.com/9/07/16/3230716.eb2ccb8a.1024.jpg

For it's time, it made good pictures (the shots above are both from Barcelona).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series, seems better than the G1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it nice to shoot with those "old" cams every now and then?
I like to do that as well.

My mom had a C-2000, my dad had a C-3030 and a former department I worked for had the C-5050. So I have some experiences with Olympus digicams. And my dad still owns an SP350.

The 3030 was was the best of that bunch to be honest. I have it here now. Wink

Last edited by LucisPictor on Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with old digi cams. Anyway, you such lovely places to take photos I am sure even a camera phone would look good.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
Nothing wrong with old digi cams. Anyway, you such lovely places to take photos I am sure even a camera phone would look good.

I agree, subject is more important than anything else.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+!

I use the Oly C5050 daily, it's my go-to general purpose digital camera..

Get's more use than any of the digital SLR's bar the Panny L1!

Doug

LucisPictor wrote:
Isn't it nice to shoot with those "old" cams every now and then?
I like to do that as well.

My mom had a C-2000, my dad had a C-3030 and a former department I worked for had the C-5050. So I have some experiences with Olympus digicams. And my dad still owns an SP350.

The 3030 was was the best of that bunch to be honest. I have it here now. Wink