Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Oly E-330 or E-1?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Oly E-330 or E-1? Reply with quote

As you know, I own an E-330, and I'm quite happy with it, because it's abilities, big tiltable LCD screen, sensor dust cleaning, liveview modes with x10 zoom, 7,9 Mpix sensor etc.

I've also read lots of praises about the E1.

One friend of mine is wishing to swao his E1 by my the E-330.

So my question is,

Is it a good deal?. Should I keep the E-330 or I would have some benefit with the E1?. I plan to use it only with MFlenses.

Prices in the second hand market are similar, I've seen both bodies raising in some cases upto 300~350€ and both are scarce in the eBay.

Any recommendation will be very welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jes, keep the 330.
Higher res sensor, live view for tricky focus moments, tilting screen for macro... and may favourite winning adavantage is the viewfinder up on the left of the camera in the manner of a rangefinder - so no nose prints on the screen.
Mind you the E1 is a great camera to use and is weather proof... and has a very quiet shutter, but if I had to choose, I'd keep the 330.
And I think a used E1 would sell for less than a 330.

BTW, thanks for your battery tip for the OLY AF-1 in a old post... I too got one in a box with a lens and now have it working without buying a new battery - Great!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like my E-1 and never want to take other Olympus I had E-300, E-500 a second camera both was weaker in every aspect. I think you should keep E-330 if love it and save and take a micro 4/3 camera as next one. I will do same due even more larger lens compatibility.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Xpress,

Thanks for your comments!

Since I'm cuirous, I'll pick the E1 for a try, but you're right I'll keep the E-330 (until the micro 4/3 get lower prices Wink ).

To me the E-330 is really fine for MF lenses, so after testing it I'll be swapping it back.

Regards,

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I like my E-1 and never want to take other Olympus I had E-300, E-500 a second camera both was weaker in every aspect. I think you should keep E-330 if love it and save and take a micro 4/3 camera as next one. I will do same due even more larger lens compatibility.

Thanks for your comment, Attila!.

You're right, I'm happy with the E-330, so I'll keep it, but since I'm curious by nature, I'll try the E-1... Just for fun.

And you're right also on the micro 4/3 aspect. All we Olypus users are looking to them...

Regards,

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Attila wrote:

You're right, I'm happy with the E-330, so I'll keep it, but since I'm curious by nature, I'll try the E-1... Just for fun.

And you're right also on the micro 4/3 aspect. All we Olypus users are looking to them...

Regards,

Jes.

Just for fun try medium format cameras TLR , folder or SLR that is FUN! and result will be far better than any Olympus. I am ready to help which medium format to try to avoid disappointment. Not every old folder is outstanding. You are wide angle or infinity shooter mostly this area is lot better on medium format slide than on any DSLR even the newest ones.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Jesito wrote:
Attila wrote:

Regards,

Jes.

Just for fun try medium format cameras TLR , folder or SLR that is FUN! and result will be far better than any Olympus. I am ready to help which medium format to try to avoid disappointment. Not every old folder is outstanding. You are wide angle or infinity shooter mostly this area is lot better on medium format slide than on any DSLR even the newest ones.

I know very well, Attila. My Yashicamat gives much better performance that any digital stuff I got here. and I also have some folders, Nettar 6x6, Petri 6x45, Franka Solida, Moscva, etc.

They are really good for almost everything, Wink portraits and still life included. I've got a Fuji 160VR film in the Yashicamat these days, let's see what comes out from it...

Regards,

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... go out and get use them. You have beautiful sunny country...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Yes, I'd like to do so. But it's not so easy. I spend most of the sunny hours at work, even many weekends...

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Attila wrote:

Yes, I'd like to do so. But it's not so easy. I spend most of the sunny hours at work, even many weekends...

Jes.

Sorry, that is not such a great fun to look out window and wish to see to go out.