Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Old Farm Buildings with Hexanon 2.8/24 and NEX-3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Old Farm Buildings with Hexanon 2.8/24 and NEX-3 Reply with quote

This is an old farm near where I live that I think has a lot of character. Processed with Silver Efex.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice atmospheric series Ian

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Patrick.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have some great stone buildings where you live,I would like to see some more detail of the inside of the roof and its woodwork. Very Happy ...please.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time I'm passing that way I'll shoot some more shots of the woodwork for you Mo, I'm always on the lookout for old buildings, the more decrepit the better as they have real character imho.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Nice atmospheric series Ian

patrickh

+10 I love them all!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely pics, all of them!
Nice rendering by the 24mm Hexanon on the NEX.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys. I forgot to mention, 5, 6, 7 and 8 are stitched from several shots.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#6 and #8 are my favourites of the series - very good photography and very good conversion!

Is the focus also stitched? DOF is large even for a 24mm - which aperture did you use?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series of photos!

I love them all, it's impossible to pick a favourite. Lots of texture and detail for visual interest.

I think this location would make a great backdrop for portraits. I can imagine posing my son with his acoustic guitar, or my dd in a fancy dress to contrast with the informal setting.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No focus stitching, aperture was either 5.6 or 8, these were all shot handheld, I usually use a tripod for stitching but last couple of shoots I did handheld.

I tried to emulate the look of Fomapan 100, I basically used the Full Dynamic (Harsh) preset of Silver Efex then increased the contrast and structure sliders. Shooting BW film has really helped me get a grasp of how I want my BW work to look and made it much easier for me to get good results with digital BW conversions.

There are lots more characterful places like this in this area, just this one is one of the most accessible and the farmer is a friendly fella who doesn't mind me shooting there, I've done several shoots there before with film cameras.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good work Ian!
..with a very good lens

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, this lens makes it much easier to make nice shots. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like also a lot these old farm/buildings, it has a "soul" that you can hardly found with modern one's.....Great serie!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, I am lucky to have many of these characterful old buildings in my area, I like to think I;m capturing them while they are still around as so many have been redeveloped with modern windows to make houses, I ignore those and just shoot the ones that are still in their original form.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much does this lens cost? I was looking for something wide from konica but the prices are out of my reach Sad
with my latest konica purchase (135/2.5 and 57/1.4) I fell in love with them Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mount your Hexanons on Nikon?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they "fit" into the mount without locking at least my 135/2.5 does and has around 1m - 4m focusing range
I'll send you some photos on PM

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That building with no walls is marvellous. I love the twisted knarly old beams. Great series which is perfect in B&W.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures Ian. The 7th/8th are my favourites.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful buildings.
I have to drive far to see those.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys, I love this farm, and that wall-less building in particular, one of my favourite subjects.