Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Novoflex 640/9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Novoflex 640/9 Reply with quote

I've been shooting digi for a while. My dad pulled out his lenses from when he lived in Africa doing his PhD. Included, was a Novoflex 640 f/9 and a Auto teleplus doubler.

I've hooked them up, but don't seem to have control over the f-stop (yes I know that it is manual adjustment) and while trying to get a nice snap of the moon tonight, I can't get sharp focus.

I imagine that it may be caused by a loose nut...me. Being a child of technology, I think I must be missing a very simple step.

More info;

Pistol grip focusing
Baffles
Also on lens, "1:9 f=64cm

Any help would be much appreciated. The Eagle with its nest just out of reach has been taunting me.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to adjust the infinity setting. On the back of the pistol grip there is a knurled cap. Remove this and a screw will become exposed. While depressing the pistol grip completely you can adjust infinity by turning the screw slightly to the left if it focuses past infinity and slightly to the right if infinity is not reached. After adjustment replace the knurled cap and tighten it fully.