Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

not time for dinner
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: not time for dinner Reply with quote

pentax sp 1000, super takumar 55/f2, early morning, maybe f2 at 500 (i really should take notes), kodak bw400cn, walgreens processing, scanning; old rusty dinner bell at black creek:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fish
Nice image I love how it falls off at the bottom.
I'm going to move this to the B+W gallery down below.
this section is more for lens test and queries.

Cheers
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, f16. i am never quite sure where to post. but since i've finished all my "testing" for now, i'll just go ahead and run most anything else to galleries. any others need it, you go right ahead. thanks again, paul.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this shot!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you luis. the early morning sun was like a spotlight because of nearby trees and low winter angle.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done, Paul, I like it, too!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was nice to have a meter (thanks, nesster) on this shot. i exposed for the top part of the bell where the light was brightest, letting the rest of the subject fend for itself ...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called chiaroscuro, isn't it? Very good shades and light.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you, splee. and that is the proper word to describe the effect, now that you mention it. Shocked Very Happy