Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon Series E 75-150 & one of my best friends
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Nikon Series E 75-150 & one of my best friends Reply with quote

I mostly only shoot MF with my Bronicas but, a good while back, I bought a Series E 75-150 for a job I had in which I needed a zoom of that focal range for my D200.

These are the first two quick and dirty test shots I ever took with it - using one of my well used but equally well cared for "best friends" as the model.

I shot these at f8 and could have done with a bit more DOF from a smaller aperture to get it sharp front to back but, it was all I needed to test it out for IQ and besides, I remember I was in a bit of a rush as usual.
Not bad from an old lens that cost about £40.00. I've used it quite a number of times for jobs and it never fails to impress.
What do reckon Attila? Cool
Regards..
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep forgetting to look for this lens on ebay, want it for my Nikon F. Nice
crisp shot!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
I keep forgetting to look for this lens on ebay, want it for my Nikon F. Nice
crisp shot!

If you can get a good one, they are great value - mine is pretty sharp and very usable even from wide open (f3.5 constant) and would make a very nice portrait lens on your Nikon F.

Probably the only thing that lets them down a is that the zoom sometimes gets a little loose which tends to creep when tilted down - it's unusual to find one that doesn't do this but, the quality more than makes up for it.
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is up there with the E 100/2,8 as a lens that is far far better than it had any right to be. The pricing reflects the construction and designation, but the lens behaves somewhat like the great 80-200/2,8. Zoom "creep" is often fixed by wrapping the main body in a layer of felt or masking tape. Always good to be reminded of these hidden gems

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
This is up there with the E 100/2,8 as a lens that is far far better than it had any right to be. The pricing reflects the construction and designation, but the lens behaves somewhat like the great 80-200/2,8. Zoom "creep" is often fixed by wrapping the main body in a layer of felt or masking tape. Always good to be reminded of these hidden gems

patrickh

You're not wrong about the 75-150 Patrick and I have been meaning to get hold of 100 f2.8 too, just as a backup. Prices have gone up alot since the advent of the Nikon FX sensor and the old AIS & Series E's have found a new lease of life, so not so many bargains to be had now. Cool
I don't find the zoom creep too disconcerting - a gentle fingertip seems to be all that's needed to keep it in place whilst shooting and most of the time I use a tripod so unless it's pointing quite steeply down which is quite rare, it doesn't cause any probs.
Tony