Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon Nikkor-O 55mm F1.2 CRT Lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Nikon Nikkor-O 55mm F1.2 CRT Lens Reply with quote

I recently got my hands on two of those lenses - they are both pristine on the outside, but one of them has a bit of fungus between the very rear elements. I'm planning on selling the clean one and cleaning & using the other one. The front set of elements comes out easily just by unscrewing it with a spanner tool. The rear element can be unscrewed by rotating the glass, but it only goes to the bottom of the thread and then I can't unscrew it any further.
I'm wondering if anyone knows how to get it out. I could use the lens as is - once I figured out what adapters I need to use it on my Nikon, but I do have access to a clean room lab, UV laminar flow workbench and all sorts of other stuff at work, so when I do have the need for a clean-up I can usually do a pretty good job.... IF I can figure out the disassembly part Smile

Any suggestions would be very welcome.