Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon Nikkor 2/50 Ai
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Nikon Nikkor 2/50 Ai Reply with quote

A few unprocessed samples from my first non-Helios standard lens. Of course they are far from real test shots but maybe someone finds them useful.

First two wide open, then two at f4 and the last at f8.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples Lena. This is an "underdog" nikon lens, and like its sibling the 85/2 is much better than its price would suggest. Sometimes I wonder if the stop faster lenses are always worth the premium

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: feininger Reply with quote

Feininger told in his Fotolehre, that fast lenses are not as sharp as slower ones

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nikkor 50/2 still delivers the goods...always liked what this lens delivered compared to my faster 50mm Nikkors.

Have a couple copies of this lens,and will never part with them.

BTW...your focusing skills continue to improve...bravo!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with slower lenses, two of my absolute favourites are the Meyer Primagon 4.5/35 and Primotar 3.5/50, both great lenses capable of delivering truly stunning results.

I also really love my 3.5/55 Micro-Nikkor, such a sharp lens and a joy to use. Such a bargain as it only costs about 30eu.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Nothing wrong with slower lenses, two of my absolute favourites are the Meyer Primagon 4.5/35 and Primotar 3.5/50, both great lenses capable of delivering truly stunning results.

I also really love my 3.5/55 Micro-Nikkor, such a sharp lens and a joy to use. Such a bargain as it only costs about 30eu.

+1 I did like 2/50 Nikkor too.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice capture of the pink flowers!