Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon mount MIR 24N infinity focus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Nikon mount MIR 24N infinity focus Reply with quote

Hi
I've got a Nikon Mount MIR 24N which I'm using on my D90. Very sharp lens, but it's *just* out of focus at infinity.
Is this because something is wrong with the lens and/or it needs adjustment or is this expected?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

Russian colleges did not care about much quality controls , I think need to adjust it. I think it has interchangeable back for different mounts M42, Nikon etc. Firs of all check it out perhaps back not exactly in it's space, just an idea.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be anything, really. I've heard reports of inconsistent mounts (bad screws, tilted, won't fit Nikon bayonet etc.) If it's not the mount issue, then adjusting the focus can be quite easy; as far as I remember, there are several tiny screws under the rubber focusing grip. Loosening the screws and rotating the ring back a bit (a few mm towards the closer focus position) will adjust the infinity. And no, you won't skew the distance scale or lose the "hard" infinity stop this way.

The procedure is very easy, and is similar to adjusting Zenitar 16/2.8 as desribed and pictured here (although the Mir does not have the built-in hood): http://cpicture.net/zenitar/index.html