Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon F4, red led blinking after shooting bright scenes
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Nikon F4, red led blinking after shooting bright scenes Reply with quote

The Nikon F4 I have now is a replacement for another one that could not load the film properly. This one seemed to be working fine, but I have found out that when pointing the camera to a bright source, the shutter fires, the red led starts blinking and the camera gets locked. This occurs in the Ph, P and S modes and always when a lens is on the camera. In modes M and A there is no problem. I take care not to get a HI indication in the viewfinder, and it seems that it occurs even when setting the ISO to 50, point the camera to a lamp and get it locked even at speeds of 1/250 sec or slower.
The lenses that I have tried with it are the Nikkor 50mm 1.8D and the 35-80 G. Using both lenses I get the same problem. and it happens with, or without the DP-20 attached. If I remove the lens, then everything works fine.
All speeds work fine and the aperture gets correctly set all the way from 1.8 down to 22.
Also, when I set the ISO high, say ASA3200, I get the same effect even in low lit scenes. I have tried everything, even fresh batteries, but I could not resolve the problem.
I have tried the same lenses in the other body and at the same modes, and it does not exhibit this. I have also tried the
What could be wrong with it? Could it be something easy to fix? Is it something I am doing wrong?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have discovered that in P and S modes, the camera does not stop down the lens correctly. This is why it gives the blinking red led.