Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon F
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's mentioned in Thom Hogan's review, where he compares the F4 and the F5, here:

http://www.bythom.com/F5.htm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, the F4 will mount non-ai for sure. I love my F4, I just dont like the size of the camera for everyday shooting.

My F4 with 24mm Nikkor non-ai.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Cooltouch a very informative link.

Just to throw another question on Nikons into the ring,what are the opinions of the F90x or N90s(depending on which country you are in) This camera was what I was originally going to buy before I bought the Ricoh.The expense of the nikon lens put me off so I went with what is readily available M42 and K mount.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Fo, are you planning to buy AF lenses, is this why you're interested in the AF Nikons? I note that your Ricohs are manual focus.

Honestly, if I were not particularly interested in acquiring AF Nikkors, I'd be looking more in the direction of a durable mf Nikon. My personal favorite is the F2, but the F3, as well as the FM/FM2 and FE/FE2 are all great performers that have proved their durability. And if you want a motor, all have motor drive options. The F2 with MD2/MB1 probably weighs a bit more than an F4s, the F3 with MD4 probably less, and the FE or FM series with MD-12, quite a bit less.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest MF suits me at the moment.I am just looking at the different options out there in good "old" cameras to buy,so one of the main reasons for my questions.....
educating myself with your technical knowledge of cameras and the fact you have also used them.(hope you don't mind Smile )